Random Trivia For This Title:
- This is the first ["John Wick"] movie to feature 3 Oscar nominees: Halle Berry (Best Actress - Monster's Ball 2001), Laurence Fishburne (Best Actor - What's Love Got To Do With It 1993), and Anjelica Huston (Best Supporting Actress - Prizzi's Honor 1985); Berry & Huston won their Oscars.
- [?] Jennifer Beals, Eva Longoria, Salma Hayek, PenÚlope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Uma Thurman, & Marisa Tomei were considered for the role of Sofia.
- The scene when John Wick shoots at Zero standing behind bulletproof glass and then Zero waves his finger at him is reminiscent of the final scene in T2: Judgment Day when the T1000 waves his finger at Sarah Connor after she finishes blasting him with her shotgun.
- Anjelica Huston hadn't met Keanu Reeves before this film, but she enjoyed his work in ["The Matrix"] series. She says of the ["John Wick"] films, "They're graceful and beautifully mapped out and the action took my breath away. Keanu really understands silence as well as action like few people do. He puts it all out there physically."
- Keanu Reeves, Ian McShane, and Lance Reddick are the only actors to appear in all the John Wick films to date (2019).
- From the moment John wakes up at 6:00 a.m. in the first film, all three John Wick movies span the course of about a week. Although The Director in the ballet hall (Anjelica Huston) said "... over the last few weeks."
- Keanu Reeves was asked if he did his own stunts when John Wick was hit by the cars and he responded by saying, "Well, I would've, but you know, hospital. I could've maybe done it once, but that would've been it for me."
- Halle Berry had to learn dog training during the production. She spent six months learning how to train dogs.
- On May 20th, 'John Wick: Chapter 4', along with its release date, was confirmed via a text message: "You have served. You will be of service. John Wick: Chapter 4 is coming - May 21st, 2021."
- Halle Berry broke three ribs while filming the movie.
- The title "Parabellum" comes from the Latin phrase: "Si vis pacem, para bellum" which means "If you want peace, prepare for war." It is also an alternate name for the ubiquitous 9mm handgun cartridge ("9mm Parabellum"). The phrase itself appears three times in the movie: it is tattooed on the back of the ballerina girl in the beginning, it appears on the door of a bus outside the hotel, and Winston (Ian McShane) says it out loud later in the movie.
- Early on, Wick finds himself in a room filled with revolvers from the 19th century. Desperately, he swaps parts of the revolvers, listens to the mechanisms as he spins the cylinders and cocks the different hammers. This is a homage to the scene in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966), when Tuco is assembling a revolver to suit his taste from a multitude of other revolvers in a gunsmith's shop.
- According to Chad Stahelski, when John Wick is knocked down during his fight with the two Shinobi, he was supposed to get straight back up. Keanu Reeves stumbled on the day, tired from shooting, but played it off as a comedic beat which made it into the final cut.