Random Trivia For This Title:
- The Red Shirt Henchmen are an homage to [Star Trek (1966)].
- Director Chad Stahelski was Keanu Reeves' stunt double in [The Matrix movies].
- Keanu Reeves learned and memorized the nightclub fight sequence the day that the scene was filmed.
- According to the directors' commentary, when they shot the top-level nightclub fight sequence, Keanu Reeves had the flu, and was running a 104° Fahrenheit fever.
- Michael Nyqvist cut his entire head open during a shooting of a scene with a stuntman, leaving his ear resting on his right shoulder. This resulted in eighty stitches. Some of the last scenes had to be re-done to hide Nyqvist's scar.
- In the original script, the character of John Wick was written with "a man in his mid-sixties" to play the role, given the title character's fabled reputation, ergo, the filmmakers had initially imagined an older actor. However, head of Thunder Road Pictures, Basil Iwanyk, decided against this, stating, "Instead, we decided to look for someone who is not literally older, but who has a seasoned history in the film world."
- The film reunites Keanu Reeves, Daniel Bernhardt, and Randall Duk Kim, along with producers-directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch, all of whom were involved in [The Matrix Trilogy].
- Chad Stahelski is the credited Director, and David Leitch is credited as a Producer. This due to DGA regulations allowing for only one director to be credited, unless unusual exceptions are made. No exception was granted in this case, even though the two produced and directed this film together as a team. Stahelski voluntarily took no producer credit.
- The building facade used for the Continental sanctuary is the same one used in The Dark Knight Rises (2012) , stock exchange scene.
- Ian McShane replaced Jason Isaacs as Winston.
- According to a directors' interview, Chad Stahelski and David Leitch re-used quite a few of the stunt men several times throughout the film. In order to make them look like different people, they would change their hair. So scenes of the guards and henchmen with long hair and beards were shot first, and the scenes with bald men were most likely shot last.
- Lance Reddick plays the Hotel Manager, whose name is Charon. In Greek mythology, Charon is the ferryman of Hades. you have to pay Charon for safe passage. Hence why Lance Reddick puts the gold coin in his pocket at the hotel. John in a sense is paying for safe passage.
- Bacon grease was placed on Keanu Reeves' face to attract his dog to jump on him when he wakes up in bed.
- According to Keanu Reeves, he did ninety percent of his own stunts in the film.
- Chad Stahelski and David Leitch were concerned about how the audience would react to all of the death within the film (especially the puppy). So when casting the character of Iosef Tarasov, they wanted someone who looked like a complete "prick". Consequently, they met Alfie Allen, and thought he was perfect for the role (and also a very nice person).