Random Trivia For This Title:
- When Charles Bishop Weyland is sitting in his office on the ship, we can very briefly see him playing with his pen in a similar manner to the way the android Bishop (also played by Lance HenriksenLance Henriksen) is playing with a knife in Aliens.
- The [Alien Vs. Predator] story crossed over virtually all forms of media before becoming a feature film. There was a successful comic book series, toy line, multiple video games, sound track (of the PC game) and even a card series.
- Around the time of the film's release, it was reported that at a special industry screening director Paul W.S. AndersonPaul W.S. Anderson said that the film was always planned as an R-rated movie and shot that way, but only three weeks prior to release the studio changed that by severely cutting the film for a lower PG-13 rating. This account has been heavily disputed by original AVP writer [?] Peter Briggs. It was later revealed that this "press-screening" never took place, and was only an Internet rumor started by fans. Anderson has said in interviews that the film seen in theaters is the version he intended audiences to see.
- The first film in the [Alien] franchise to not feature Sigourney WeaverSigourney Weaver, who has said in interviews the idea of the crossover "sounded awful".
- James CameronJames Cameron claimed that he thought the film was pretty good and that he liked it a lot.
- Guillermo del ToroGuillermo del Toro was offered the director's chair but opted to Hellboy instead.
- This is the first Alien film, and also the first Predator film, to get a rating other than R.
- With the filming of this movie Lance HenriksenLance Henriksen became only the second actor to portray characters that have been attacked, and likely killed, by an Alien, a Predator and a Terminator. Bill PaxtonBill Paxton was the first.
- The green glow stick dropped down the shaft contains the fluorescent liquid used by the effects departments of all the [Predator] movies as the Predators' blood. According to director John McTiernanJohn McTiernan, on Predator they stumbled on the effect after unconvincing attempts to make the blood look orange forced the crew to look for alternatives.
- The altars where victims were placed in the Chamber of Sacrifices of the pyramid is arranged exactly the same as the hibernation pods in the original Alien movie.
- In an interview, director Paul W.S. AndersonPaul W.S. Anderson said that Arnold SchwarzeneggerArnold Schwarzenegger offered to reprise his role as Dutch Schaeffer (from Predator) at the end of this movie as a cameo, but only if he lost the election for California governor.