Random Trivia For This Title:
- When Arnold SchwarzeneggerArnold Schwarzenegger rescues wife Jamie Lee CurtisJamie Lee Curtis from an airborne chopper, he grasps her by her arm just as the chopper heads out over the water. The woman you see dangling below the chopper skid is no body double, but Curtis doing her very own stunt work. At her insistence, director James CameronJames Cameron agreed to let her perform this scary spectacle. According to Jamie Lee CurtisJamie Lee Curtis, on the TV special promoting True Lies, it was Cameron's idea for her to do the helicopter work; she said, "Oh, yeah. And just where are you going to be while I'm dangling way up there in the air, Jim?" And, according to her, he said, "Hanging out the door filming you with a hand-held camera." So she decided that if he was willing to do that to get the shot, she could stand to do it, too. The stunt was filmed on her birthday.
- A sequel to True Lies was once in the works, which would've reunited the principal cast as well as been directed by James CameronJames Cameron, who directed the first movie. A script was even ready for this sequel, and had the movie been made, it would've been released sometime in 2002. The sequel idea was eventually scrapped (or at least indefinitely shelved) due to script problems as well the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Cameron even said in an interview that he dropped his sequel plans because "in this day and age, terrorism just isn't funny anymore".
- In an interview, James CameronJames Cameron says that the script was brought to him by Arnold SchwarzeneggerArnold Schwarzenegger who said that he wanted to do it because he thought the Tasker character was interesting. Cameron was shocked because he had never seen Scwarzenegger pick a script based solely on his interest in a character and decided that he saw the same thing and made the movie.
- [?] Rosanna Arquette, Kim BasingerKim Basinger, Annette BeningAnnette Bening, Joan CusackJoan Cusack, Geena DavisGeena Davis, [?] Melanie Griffith, [?] Jennifer Jason Leigh, MadonnaMadonna, Demi MooreDemi Moore, Michelle PfeifferMichelle Pfeiffer, Sharon StoneSharon Stone, Emma ThompsonEmma Thompson and [?] Debra Winger were considered for the role of Helen.
- Jodie FosterJodie Foster was originally cast as Helen Tasker, but was forced to turn the role down because she was signed to Nell.
- During the striptease scene, the part when Jamie Lee CurtisJamie Lee Curtis falls was actually not part of the script. She really does fall but she got back up and continued with the scene. You can also see it was not intentional by Arnold SchwarzeneggerArnold Schwarzenegger's sudden reaction to help her when she falls.
- Eliza DushkuEliza Dushku broke some ribs during the filming of her Harrier jet stunt scenes.
- The appearance and traits of Spencer Trilby (Charlton HestonCharlton Heston) is based on Nick Fury, a Marvel Comics character. Like Fury, Trilby has an eye-patch and the same mannerisms as well as heading a peacekeeping organization.