Random Trivia For This Title:
- Dwayne Johnson was offered the role of Cade Yeager, but he declined due to scheduling conflicts with his movie Hercules (2014).
- According to the filmmakers, 90% of Mark Wahlberg's stunts in the film are done by him.
- Mark Wahlberg asked that his children Ella Rae, Michael Robert, Brendan Joseph and Grace Margaret get roles in the film since they're Transformers fans.
- At the end of the film, Optimus Prime leaves Earth to embark on a quest to find the creators of the Transformers. This was one of the originally proposed ideas for the plot of The Transformers: The Movie that was rejected for unknown reasons.
- Roland Emmerich, Joe Johnston, Jon Turteltaub, Stephen Sommers, Louis Leterrier and David Yates were considered to replace Michael Bay before Bay decided to return for the fourth film.
- This is John Goodman's fourth live-action adaptation of a cartoon series, after The Flintstones, The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle and Speed Racer.
- Crosshairs (John DiMaggio) refers to humans as "meatbags". This is a tribute to [Futurama] where DiMaggio had voiced the robot Bender, who also refers to humans as "meatbags".
- Originally, Lockdown was to carry the torn-out eyes of his victims as trophies tied to his hip.
- One of Bumblebee's sound bites is "I'm calm, Dude," taken from The Big Lebowski. The quote is spoken by John Goodman's character, Walter Sobchak. That film also starred John Turturro (Agent Simmons in the previous films) and Peter Stormare (Prometheus Black in Transformers: Animated).
- The transformation sound from The Transformers (1984) is heard when Optimus Prime changes alternate modes.
- [?] Landon Liboiron, Luke Grimes, [?] Luke Mitchell, [?] Hunter Parrish and [?] Brenton Thwaites auditioned for the role of Shane before the role went to Jack Reynor.
- The role of Lucas was written with T.J. Miller in mind.
- [?] Isabelle Cornish, [?] Margaret Qualley and [?] Gabriella Wilde auditioned for the role of Tessa Yeager before Nicola Peltz was cast.