Random Trivia For This Title:
- With a total gross of 14 million dollars this movie made the least money of all the films in the [Superman] series, followed just behind Superman IV: The Quest for Peace which made 15 million. The total budget for Supergirl was 35.
- Brooke ShieldsBrooke Shields was the first choice for the role of Supergirl, and Christopher ReeveChristopher Reeve was going to have a substantial role. The original script had Supergirl trying to rescue Superman who had fallen ill due to Selena's magic.
- The dean of the college that Linda Lee attends is named Mr. Danvers. In the Supergirl comics, Linda was adopted by a family named Danvers, and even took on their surname, Linda Lee-Danvers.
- Marc McClureMarc McClure also played "Jimmy Olsen" in all 4 [Superman] films.
- Demi MooreDemi Moore was slated to play Lucy Lane, but opted out at the last moment.
- The scene where Supergirl flies out of the lake was actually a photograph of Helen SlaterHelen Slater pasted on a wooden cut-out.
- Several references to Superman as Supergirl's cousin. A poster of Superman is displayed at Supergirl's college room.
- Helen SlaterHelen Slater had to train three hours a day for three months to do the outdoor flying sequences where she was suspended by wires from a 200ft tower crane.
- John WilliamsJohn Williams' theme for Superman appears briefly in Jerry GoldsmithJerry Goldsmith's score.
- Helen SlaterHelen Slater's film debut.