Random Trivia For This Title:
- Originally, Scrappy Cornelius Doo was the not going to be the main villain. At the end of the film, Old Man Smithers aka "the Luna Ghost" from the beginning of the movie was going to be behind the event of the film.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. didn't originally want to do the movie because he felt it wouldn't live up to the Scooby cartoon, but Sarah Michelle Gellar talked him into it.
- Freddie Prinze Jr., Sarah Michelle Gellar , Matthew Lillard, and Linda Cardellini, all spoofed their Scooby characters in an episode of Seth Green's show [Robot Chicken]. Seth Green is also in Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.
- Isla Fisher, who plays Mary-Jane, had to wear a blond wig because she was a red head. Sarah Michelle Gellar was supposed to be the only red head in the movie.
- On the TV show, [Buffy the Vampire Slayer], Buffy and her friends are occasionally called "The Scooby Gang." The role of Buffy on the show is played by Sarah Michelle Gellar, who plays Daphne in this film.
- The idea of a Scooby-Doo movie languished in "development hell" throughout most of the 1990s. At one point, director Kevin Smith was attached, but later dropped out. Later, Mike Myers accepted the project and was the one who most often had his name linked to it (Myers' friend Janeane Garofalo was supposedly tapped by Myers to play Velma). Eventually, even Myers had to leave the project.
- Frank Welker, who is the original and only voice of Freddy Jones in the cartoons, provides his voice to one of the evil creatures in this movie.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar had to film Scooby-Doo around her already hectic [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] schedule. The producers of both productions arranged it that she would spend two weeks in Los Angeles shooting Buffy, then the next two weeks in Queensland, Australia filming Scooby-Doo.
- To get the same raspy voice that Casey Kasem gave Shaggy in the cartoon, Matthew Lillard would often scream before a take. He eventually developed laryngitis because of it.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar hated wearing Daphne's pink go-go boots and would change into comfy sneakers whenever she was able. The sneakers can be seen in one shot while Daphne runs up the framed stairwell.