Random Trivia For This Title:
- Both Elizabeth Hurley and Mimi Rogers asked to keep their tight leather outfits and were allowed to.
- Part of the influence for this film can be seen in an early sketch Mike Myers did for [Saturday Night Live] in which several of James Bond's nemeses complain about his invulnerability and how much easier it should be to kill him.
- Mike Myers has revealed in interviews that the Austin Powers character was created based on a couple of instances involving his family. His father loved watching British comedies with actors like Peter Sellers and Alec Guinness, so Myers always wanted to play an English character in a comedy. He also said that one night after coming home from hockey practice, he started flirting with his wife in an English accent. His wife laughed and told him to write the routine down, so he could do it again. Writing the routine down led to this script.
- Comedian Colin Quinn was offered the role of Scott Evil, but he turned it down to focus on his writing projects.
- The CD that Austin attempts to play on a record player is "Mr. Tambourine Man" by [?] The Byrds.
- Brenda Bakke turned down the role of "Mrs. Kensington" due to schedule conflicts with the movie Shelter.
- Mike Myers' wife suggested he dance in the movie during the credits, since he dances around his own house in the buff. This has become a continuing trademark of the series - in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me he really does dance naked.
- When Vanessa sits next to Austin in the last scene during their honeymoon, there is a piece of red tape over her left breast. There were photographers on the set and this prevented them from being able to sell topless pictures of Elizabeth Hurley to the papers.
- Robert Wagner's role in this series is fitting, as he has a connection to two Bond girls. Lana Wood, the sister of his first wife Natalie Wood, appeared in Diamonds Are Forever, along with his present wife, Jill St. John.