Random Trivia For This Title:
- John HurtJohn Hurt's reprisal as Ollivander was the longest gap in the series - 9 years while [?] Miriam Margoyles' brief reprise appearance was second - 8 years.
- In the book, Snape's (Alan RickmanAlan Rickman) death originally takes place at the Shrieking Shack, but art directors suggested and moved the location (with J.K. RowlingJ.K. Rowling's agreement) to the boathouse in order to make it more dramatic and poignant. One of the art directors, [?] Andrew Ackland-Snow added, "We wanted to get him out from, not a conventional interior, but from that kind of box, to do it in a more dramatic atmosphere."
- Both Emma WatsonEmma Watson and Rupert GrintRupert Grint have stated in several separate interviews, that filming their much awaited on-screen kiss was an "absolutely horrible" experience, due to Emma's admission of Rupert being "like a brother." It took only six takes to complete; whereas the kiss between Harry & Ginny took around ten, Ron & Lavender approx. 15, and Harry & Cho took over 30 takes, by comparison.
- Oliver PhelpsOliver Phelps (George) could only do about five takes for Fred's death scene. Seeing his brother (James PhelpsJames Phelps) lying there pretending to be dead was emotionally exhausting for him.
- In the story, Voldemort has created several Horcruxes in an attempt to cheat death. Appropriately, his name is French for "Flight of Death" or it can also mean "Stealer/Cheater of death".
- Alan RickmanAlan Rickman, Bonnie WrightBonnie Wright, Devon MurrayDevon Murray, Emma WatsonEmma Watson, Daniel RadcliffeDaniel Radcliffe, Geraldine SomervilleGeraldine Somerville, James PhelpsJames Phelps, Oliver PhelpsOliver Phelps, Matthew LewisMatthew Lewis, Robbie ColtraneRobbie Coltrane, Rupert GrintRupert Grint, Tom FeltonTom Felton, Josh HerdmanJosh Herdman and Warwick DavisWarwick Davis (as Prof. Flitwick and/or Griphook the Goblin) are the only actors to have appeared in all eight movies.
- Not long after Alan RickmanAlan Rickman started to play Severus Snape, J.K. RowlingJ.K. Rowling told him some character secrets about Snape that would not be otherwise revealed until the last book. Most significantly, Rickman was one of the very few people other than Rowling to know (years ahead of the last book's publication) that Snape had been in love with Lily Evans (later Potter) when they were students at Hogwarts, and both Snape's protection of and antagonism toward Harry came from that. Rowling said that she shared this information with Rickman because "he needed to understand, I think, and does completely understand and did completely understand where this bitterness towards this boy, who's living proof of Lily's preference for another man, came from." According to Rickman, the directors prior to the publication of the last book were not privy to the information of Snape's true character either, and he had to ask them to defer to him on the portrayal of Snape, whether or not they understood why.
- In every shot in which Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange appear together, she always moves so that she stands on his right, traditionally the position of the most loyal and trusted follower.
- John HurtJohn Hurt and Jim BroadbentJim Broadbent previously appeared together in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. George HarrisGeorge Harris appeared in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Michael ByrneMichael Byrne, who briefly appears in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, co-starred in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- It had been reported that, due to her commitment to Nanny McPhee and The Big Bang, Emma ThompsonEmma Thompson would be unable to appear in the Deathly Hallows films. However, she was able to return shortly before the end of filming to once again play Professor Trelawney. She joins her real-life sister [?] Sophie Thompson, as well as her Nanny McPhee cast mates Maggie SmithMaggie Smith, Rhys IfansRhys Ifans and Ralph FiennesRalph Fiennes.
- When [?] David Heyman was asked if there were any actors that he wished had been in the series but never were, he answered Eileen AtkinsEileen Atkins, Ian McKellenIan McKellen, [?] Daniel Day-Lewis, Daniel CraigDaniel Craig, James McAvoyJames McAvoy and [?] Anne-Marie Duff. He now wished to work with them in future projects. Daniel RadcliffeDaniel Radcliffe would have loved to see Helen MirrenHelen Mirren, Judi DenchJudi Dench and Stephen FryStephen Fry (the narrator of the UK Harry Potter audio-books.)
- Kate WinsletKate Winslet was first considered for and reportedly offered the role of Helena Ravenclaw. The role was rejected by her agent before she was able to consider it, believing that Winslet would not want to "follow suit with every other actor in Britain by being a part of Harry Potter". The role subsequently went to Kelly MacdonaldKelly Macdonald.