Random Trivia For This Title:
- Naomie HarrisNaomie Harris was filming this film together with Miami Vice. All of her scenes as Tia Dalma were filmed at Bahamas during the weekends.
- For the production of this and the next installments of the Pirates of the Caribbean series, two ships were actually built; The Black Pearl, and The Flying Dutchman.
- Stay after the credits for an additional scene.
- In most shots of the cannibal island, the background scenery has been digitally altered. Some overview shots are completely computer generated.
- The Black Pearl was never on the beach of the cannibal island. It's a model digitally added the the shots, complete with digital water splashes.
- Keira KnightleyKeira Knightley had to wear hair extensions because she had cut her hair short for her role in Domino.
- While the script for the second movie was being written, Keira KnightleyKeira Knightley suggested the scene between Jack and Elizabeth where Jack is handcuffed to the ship.
- Gore VerbinskiGore Verbinski did not tell the cast what was to happen with the bone cage. He wanted to get their natural reactions when it swung from side to side.
- For a dose of authenticity in the final twist at the end of the film, the actors were not told, prior to filming, that Geoffrey RushGeoffrey Rush would be appearing in the movie. They were told, before the scene was shot, that the person coming down the stairs would be Anamaria (Zoe SaldanaZoe Saldana) from The Curse of the Black Pearl; the looks of surprise on their faces as Rush descends are genuine.
- Other actors considered for the part of Davy Jones included Iain GlenIain Glen, Jim BroadbentJim Broadbent and Richard E. GrantRichard E. Grant.
- The bone cages on Cannibal Island were actually made of styrofoam.