Random Trivia For This Title:
- Hugh Jackman took etiquette lessons from [?] Jane Gibson, the 19-century etiquette expert who trained the actors for Sense and Sensibility and other such period pieces. He also studied ballroom dancing and trained to ride a horse for the film.
- According to the DVD commentary, several of the film's actual crew members appear in the crew of the margarine commercial.
- When Meg Ryan knew that Hugh Jackman was going to spend his wedding anniversary alone, she phoned his wife to invite her to dinner. Reportedly, Jackman had to spend the day working.
- Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber would later co-star as mortal enemies Wolverine and Sabretooth in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
- A concept from the story was cut from the theatrical version where it is stated that Leopold is Stuart's ancestor. This then meant that Kate was also Stuart's ancestor, and their previous relationship became a bit icky.
- In the theatrical version, when Leopold is chasing Stuart down the stairs and out of his house, Stuart seems to jump a few meters in a second. The Director's Cut restores a brief scene where the two guys actually bump into Kate there.