Random Trivia For This Title:
- The body mounts for Vasquez's and Drake's smart guns are taken from Steadicam gear.
- In a deleted scene, Ripley's daughter was played by Elizabeth InglisElizabeth Inglis, Sigourney WeaverSigourney Weaver's real-life mother.
- A complicated effect shot (the Marines entering the Alien nest) had already been filmed just before James RemarJames Remar was replaced by Michael BiehnMichael Biehn. A re-shoot would be too expensive, so the Corporal Hicks seen with his back towards camera is still played by James RemarJames Remar.
- Sigourney WeaverSigourney Weaver told James CameronJames Cameron that she wanted to do three things in the movie; not handle a weapon, die, and make love to an alien. While none of these wishes were fulfilled, she got to do all three in the later movies.
- Like most films, the movie wasn't shot in sequence. But for added realism, James CameronJames Cameron filmed the scene where we first meet the Colonial Marines (one of the earliest scenes) last. This was so that the camaraderie of the marines was realistic because the actors had spent months filming together.
- The Alien Queen has transparent teeth, as opposed to the warrior aliens.
- The name for the company, "Weyland Yutani", was taken from the names of Ridley ScottRidley Scott's former neighbors. He hated them, so he decided to "dedicate" the name of the "evil company" to them.
- When filming the scene with Newt in the duct, Carrie HennCarrie Henn kept deliberately blowing her scene so she could slide down the vent, which she later called a slide three stories tall. James CameronJames Cameron finally dissuaded her by saying that if she completed the shot, she could play on it as much as she wanted. She did, and he kept his promise.
- In a scene which was cut from both the theatrical cut and the special edition of the film Ripley gives Burke a grenade so he can kill himself after she discovers him in a cocoon.