Random Trivia For This Title:
- Uncle Rico's girlfriend who rides up to him on her bicycle at the end of the film, is Aaron RuellAaron Ruell's wife.
- In real life, the llama belongs to director/co-writer Jared HessJared Hess's mother, and its name is Dolly.
- Aaron RuellAaron Ruell (Kip) had braces put on his teeth for this role (two dentists are thanked in the credits).
- The scene of the farmer shooting the cow in front of the school bus full of children is a true anecdote from the director's childhood.
- Jon HederJon Heder's big dance scene was the last scene scheduled and film ran out while shooting it. The sequence was edited together from less than 10 minutes of his dancing.
- The scene where Uncle Rico hits Napoleon in the face took four takes.
- The "liger" is a real animal, created when a male lion mates with a female tiger. It does not, however, have "skills in magic", as Napoleon claims.
- The movie was edited in producer [?] Jeremy Coon's apartment using a $6,000 Macintosh with Final Cut Pro.
- Features one of the longest credited cast lists in movie history; all 181 student extras' names are listed in the closing credits.
- Jon HederJon Heder was paid $1,000 to play Napoleon Dynamite. The movie grossed over $40,000,000 in the United States.