Random Trivia For This Title:
- While filming, Ben StillerBen Stiller and Owen WilsonOwen Wilson only had one day that they saw each other. Stiller talked to a toothpick for the Jedediah scenes, then three months later Wilson came in and filmed all of his parts.
- The woman in the employment office is Ben StillerBen Stiller's mother, Anne MearaAnne Meara.
- Trainers spent several weeks training Crystal the MonkeyCrystal the Monkey to slap and bite Ben StillerBen Stiller in the film.
- Visitors to the real American Museum of Natural History increased by 20% during the holiday season following this movie's opening.
- Alan SilvestriAlan Silvestri replaced John OttmanJohn Ottman as score composer.
- Owen WilsonOwen Wilson's role as Jedediah was just supposed to be a cameo - but his character tested so well with the audience, they gave him a bigger part. He wasn't going to be credited either way.
- When Jed tells Octavius that he won't quit him, it'a a tongue-in-cheek reference to Brokeback Mountain.
- Larry makes a reference to a Genie's Three Wishes when speaking to Roosevelt. Robin WilliamsRobin Williams, who plays Roosevelt, played Genie in Aladdin.
- Larry's inability to remember Christopher Columbus' name is a wink and a nod to producer Chris ColumbusChris Columbus.
- The TV news report mentioning cave drawings in the subway shows a quick shot of the 81st St. subway station in New York, which is indeed the correct subway stop for the American Museum of Natural History. Many NY subway stations include wall tiling that incorporates mosaics and artistic patterns in themes related to the station's neighborhood. The subway cave drawings shown in the film are actually part of the tile art in the station, relating to the museum itself.