Random Trivia For This Title:
- The close shot of Eric as he slides off the hill and falls into the lake below mirrors a similar scene from Predator (1987) where Dutch Schaefer slides and falls into a river.
- Audiences throughout the country were so outraged at the last 5 minutes, especially when Mac blew the bubblegum saying, "We'll Be Back", that most booed during the end credits.
- M.A.C. is an acronym for Mysterious Alien Creature.
- As a criticism of the film's gratuitous product placements, the Razzies awarded [?] Ronald McDonald the prize of Worst New Star. As of 2020, Ronald is the only fictional character to win a Razzie.
- Part of the film's box-office intake was donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Kim BasingerKim Basinger and Anjelica HustonAnjelica Huston were each offered the female lead role. Both declined.
- Coca Cola and McDonalds backed the movie, thus the numerous references to both of those products.
- This film ends with a freeze frame and the superimposed title "We'll be back!" It was such a dismal box office failure that the proposed sequel was never made.
- The McDonald's scenes were all shot in City of Industry, CA, just outside Los Angeles. The set was a real-life McDonald's built specifically for crew member training and television commercials. Everything inside worked, but it never served a real customer. When it wasn't being used, it was locked up behind a chain link fence. It was torn down and rebuilt in 2006.
- The highest-budget film that MST3K has riffed, after Marooned (1969)
- Jade CalegoryJade Calegory has spina bifida, and uses a wheelchair in real life.
- Whenever Paul RuddPaul Rudd appeared on [Late Night with Conan O'BrienConan O'Brien (1993)], he likes to show a clip from his newest film, and inevitably shows a clip of Eric rolling off a cliff and falling into the water. Rudd has done the joke for many years, even when promoting Ant-Man (2015).
- The movie's ending mirrors a similar ending from another family science fiction comedy movie that came out the same year - Short Circuit 2 (1988). Eric's revival and MAC and his family becoming American citizens.