Random Trivia For This Title:
- The film was originally planned to be a direct sequel to Total Recall where Tom Cruise's character was going to be played by Arnold Schwarzenegger and the Precogs were going to be Martian mutants with psychic abilities (a concept established in the former film).
- The "PreCogs" were all named after famous mystery writers. [?] Dashiell Hammett, Arthur Conan Doyle, and [?] Agatha Christie.
- The small storage media used throughout the film are clear plastic versions of Iomega's PocketZip disks.
- Apparently, Colin Farrell had a lot of trouble delivering the line "surely you understand the fundamental questionability of Pre-Crime methodology".
- This is the first film since Hook that Steven Spielberg has shot in 2,35:1.
- During the scenes that show Anderton manipulating the PreCogs' visions of future crimes, the music in the background is Schubert's Symphony #8 in B Minor - more commonly known as the "Unfinished" symphony.
- This movie is based on the short story by Philip K. Dick, published 1956.