Random Trivia For This Title:
- The Eiffel Tower was designed for the 1889 World's Fair in Paris. The "flying saucer" observation towers from the first Men in Black (1997) were created for the 1964/1965 World's Fair in New York.
- [?] Wade Eastwood knew Rebecca FergusonRebecca Ferguson from both "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" and "Mission: Impossible - Fallout," where she played Ilsa Faust and he served as a stunt coordinator. When Eastwood recommended Ferguson play the part of Riza, the three-armed alien arms dealer, she said, "Where and when do you want me?"
- Chris HemsworthChris Hemsworth and his brother Liam HemsworthLiam Hemsworth have now both headlined a sequel to a Will SmithWill Smith vehicle about extraterrestrials; Liam previously starred in Independence Day 2.
- The filmmakers wanted the actor playing High T to be a formidable match for Chris HemsworthChris Hemsworth, but also someone with a good feel for comedy. Producer [?] Walter Parkes says, "Much like with Tommy Lee JonesTommy Lee Jones as Agent K...we wanted to cast actors who could do comedy, as opposed to comic actors. Liam NeesonLiam Neeson is a consummate actor with big comedy chops."
- Kayvan NovakKayvan Novak, who plays Vungus, was originally only a stand-in, but the filmmakers were happy with his performance and Novak ended up with the role.
- Rip TornRip Torn, who played Zed in the first two movies, and an alien at his character's funeral in the third film, passed away a month after the release of this film.
- Chris HemsworthChris Hemsworth was very impressed with Les Twins' (Larry BourgeoisLarry Bourgeois and Laurent BourgeoisLaurent Bourgeois) dancing skills. He says of them, "There is something so impressive and also unnerving about the way they move in synchronicity. They even finish each other's thoughts, physically as well as verbally. It's amazing to watch."
- VFXpert Rick BakerRick Baker, who had worked on the ["Men in Black"] films and had retired in 2014, expressed interest in working on this film.
- According to Chris HemsworthChris Hemsworth, each of the suits has a personal touch. For example, Hemsworth says that Agent H wears his suit with "non-regulation socks". High T's suit is also the only one with a waistcoat.
- Chris HemsworthChris Hemsworth, Tessa ThompsonTessa Thompson, Rafe SpallRafe Spall, and Rebecca FergusonRebecca Ferguson were all born in 1983.
- Chris HemsworthChris Hemsworth and Tessa ThompsonTessa Thompson (Agents H and M) and Kumail NanjianiKumail Nanjiani (Pawny) are the eighth, ninth and tenth cast members to appear in both the ["Men in Black"] and the Marvel Cinematic Universe films (Hemsworth and Thomspon play Thor and Valkryie, and Nanjiani plays Kingo in Eternals (2020)).
The previous cast members were: Tommy Lee JonesTommy Lee Jones (Agent K, Colonel Phillips), Vincent D'OnofrioVincent D'Onofrio (Edgar the Bug, Wilson Fisk), Rosario DawsonRosario Dawson (Laura, Claire Temple), Josh BrolinJosh Brolin (Young Agent K, Thanos), Mike ColterMike Colter (Colonel Edwards, Luke Cage), Michael StuhlbargMichael Stuhlbarg (Griffin the Unicorn, Nicodemus West) and Alice EveAlice Eve (Young Agent O, Typhoid Mary).
- The alien assassin characters were molded around the impressive dance moves of Les Twins (Larry BourgeoisLarry Bourgeois and Laurent BourgeoisLaurent Bourgeois). One of the twins, Larry BourgeoisLarry Bourgeois, remarks, "We prefer to dance than to talk. In fact, the best way for us to communicate is through dance, and we have created our own style since childhood. We're perfectionists and crazy connected to one another, so it's incredible how F. Gary GrayF. Gary Gray took our dance and energy and created the perfect villain for us to portray..."
- Rafe SpallRafe Spall enjoyed playing Agent C because "it's fun to play a character who is horrible to everyone, all the time." He says, "It's quite freeing. We spend so much of our lives pretending to be nice, so it's great to not have to do that and get paid for it, as well!"
- Tessa ThompsonTessa Thompson loves the character of Pawny and knew that Kumail NanjianiKumail Nanjiani would be perfect for the role. Although his character is all CGI, Nanjiani flew out to London so he could read with Thompson and Chris HemsworthChris Hemsworth in person, making the character interactions feel more dynamic.
- The "high" in "high tea" refers to the height of the table on which it is served. Afternoon tea is a tradition that many upper class English people enjoy and it consists of tea served with small cakes and snacks at around 4 in the afternoon. Because many working class people were unable to take a break for tea at 4, they would instead wait to have tea after work and serve it with a heartier meal. This tea was served on a "high" table with high-backed chairs as opposed to a low table, similar to a coffee table, on which afternoon tea is served.
- This is the first ["Men in Black"] movie not directed by Barry SonnenfeldBarry Sonnenfeld.
- It was director F. Gary GrayF. Gary Gray's idea to cast Les Twins--Larry BourgeoisLarry Bourgeois and Laurent BourgeoisLaurent Bourgeois--as the film's villains. Les Twins are dancers and choreographers whose YouTube videos have been seen by millions around the world. They have also performed with artists like Beyoncé KnowlesBeyoncé Knowles and [?] Jay-Z.
- There is a secret apartment at the top of the Eiffel Tower where [?] Gustave Eiffel would entertain famous guests like [?] Thomas Edison.
- Tommy Lee JonesTommy Lee Jones and Will SmithWill Smith stated that they would not return for this film. They do appear briefly, in a painting in the London MiB office, which is a dramatized depiction of their fight with the Edgar-bug from Men in Black (1997).
- Chris HemsworthChris Hemsworth announced shortly after the release of this film that he would take a break from acting to be with his family.
- Frank the Pug (voiced by Tim BlaneyTim Blaney) and the Worm Guys (voiced by [?] Thom Fountain) are the only characters from the first Men in Black (1997) to also physically appear in this one. Although they have a prominent place on the movie's poster, these characters have less than a minute of screen-time.
- The film was originally going to be a ["Jump Street"] - ["Men in Black"] crossover with Channing TatumChanning Tatum and Jonah HillJonah Hill reprising their roles. However, plans fell apart, so it became a spin-off, with Chris HemsworthChris Hemsworth and Tessa ThompsonTessa Thompson.
- When H is fighting Luca, there is a moment when he falls to the floor and the item closest to him is a hammer. H reaches for it but it is initially just out of reach. For just a split second, fans of the Thor movies may expect the hammer to leap to his hand (as H is the same actor who plays Thor).. However, he just pushes forward enough to grab it. Once he has it, he throws it at Luca but without success.