Random Trivia For This Title:
- Ian BlissIan Bliss was cast as Bane in part because of his dead-on impression of Hugo WeavingHugo Weaving (Agent Smith), and for his partial resemblance to Weaving.
- The face of the "Deus ex Machina" was modeled after photographs of Andy WachowskiAndy Wachowski's infant nephew.
- The last scene of the movie set in the park is the only time in all three movies that greenery and a blue sky are seen inside the Matrix.
- This is the only film in the trilogy that features no Matrix agents. (Smith should not be counted, as he is no longer an agent of the system.)
- The black cat at the end of the film is the same one in the "déjà-vu" scene from The Matrix. It even meows in the same way.
- In the scene where Morpheus, Trinity, and Seraph are chasing the Trainman, an advertisement for Tastee Wheat can be seen. Tastee Wheat was mentioned in The Matrix when Mouse was trying to describe the food in the real world.
- During the final fight sequence between Neo and Agent Smith and also during the credits, the following Sanskrit sloka is recited in a westernised style: "Asatoma Sat Gamaya, Tamasoma Jyotir Gamaya, Mrityorma Anritam Gamaya", which means "Lead me from the unreal to the Real, Lead me from the darkness to the Light, Lead me from the temporary to the Eternal".
- The special effects crew spent two months designing the apparatus to make the perfect rain drop.
- The street corner where Neo and Smith fight in the crater is the same corner from which Neo made his phone call at the end of The Matrix - the corner of Pitt, Hunter and O'Connell Streets in Sydney, Australia. You can see the phone booth to the right when they hit the ground.
- Gloria FosterGloria Foster died before she could complete any scenes for the third film as well as Enter the Matrix. Mary AliceMary Alice took the role of the Oracle for both the third movie and the game. In "Revolutions", the initial conversation when Morpheus and Trinity meet the "new" Oracle was adapted to reference her changed appearance. The alternative was to have Morpheus and Trinity pretend not to notice, which perhaps would have been even more awkward.