Random Trivia For This Title:
- After Gary Ross declined to return to direct the movie, Alfonso Cuarón, [?] David Cronenberg, [?] Bennett Miller, [?] Tomas Alfredson, [?] Cary Fukunaga, [?] Duncan Jones and Joe Cornish were considered to replace him. In the end, the job was offered to Francis Lawrence.
- Co-stars Woody Harrelson and Philip Seymour Hoffman share the same birthday (July 23rd).
- Donald Sutherland and Jena Malone previously played father and daughter in Pride & Prejudice.
- Sam Claflin (Finnick) broke his finger during filming.
- [?] Zoe Aggeliki and Mia Wasikowska were considered for the role of Johanna Mason before Jena Malone was cast.
- When Katniss, Peeta and Haymitch are at a meal table discussing the need for allies in the Quarter Quell, a figure in the background stands with a sphere around his head that has a covering over the mouth. This is an apparent homage to the "avox" characters (mute because their tongue has been cut out by the capital) who appear in a minor but significant plot line in the books.
- Kristen Bell, a huge fan of the book series, actively sought the role of Johanna Mason.
- In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Jennifer Lawrence said that she, Josh Hutcherson, and Sam Claflin were very clumsy, saying Claflin fell at least once in every scene they filmed. Claflin agreed and said they could fill an entire gag reel with just him falling over.
- During the press tour for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, [?] Chris Van Vliet interviews Liam Hemsworth (Gale) and Woody Harrelson (Haymitch). Before the interview starts Chris and Liam mention Liam's brother, whose name also is Chris. Even though this is the second movie Liam and Woody act in together, it is not until then that Woody puts two and two together and realizes that Liam's brother is actor Chris Hemsworth.
- Jennifer Lawrence stated while filming in the arena she hit herself with the bow mid-sprint, and dove into a pool of jets leaving her partially deaf for 6 days.
- Taylor Kitsch, Armie Hammer, [?] Hunter Parrish, [?] Grant Gustin, [?] Luke Mitchell and Garrett Hedlund were considered for the role of Finnick Odair. The role eventually went to Sam Claflin
- When shooting the scene were Katniss, Finnick and Peeta eat fish, the actors were actually eating raw fish. Neither Jennifer Lawrence nor Sam Claflin are particularly fond of fish, making it difficult for both actors to eat the raw fish. Jennifer had the hardest time doing so, and her struggle was very amusing to Josh Hutcherson and Sam Claflin.
- Sam Claflin ate between two to three sugar cubes for each take filmed during Finnick's introduction scene until the scene was completed. He consumed the entire box of cubes.
- Jena Malone claimed that her stripping scene was filmed in a real hotel elevator that was not closed for production, resulting in the door opening during the shot for guests.
- [?] Melissa Leo was considered to play Mags.
- Co-stars Philip Seymour Hoffman & Toby Jones both previously played author Truman Capote in Capote and Infamous respectively.
- In The Pillars of the Earth, co-stars Donald Sutherland and Sam Claflin play father and son.