Random Trivia For This Title:
- It took quite a few takes to get Diana's bed to break correctly when Anne and Diana fall on it during the bedroom scene before Diana's wedding.
- Though the American title is Anne of Avonlea, it is only partially based on that Lucy Maud Montgomery book (second in the series), and is in fact based on parts from books 2-4 in the series (out of 8). This was because Kevin Sullivan thought there wasn't "enough dramatic material for a film" in the sequel Anne of Avonlea alone.
- While shooting the scene where Anne says goodbye to Marilla and Rachel before she leaves for Kingsport, Colleen Dewhurst was wearing jeans under her dress because she had to catch a plane in an hour.
- For the cow scene in which Anne and Diana fall into the mud, the costume department made four dresses. However, Megan Follows did the stunt in one take, and the others were not needed.
- Kevin Sullivan says that Anne's hairstyles kept getting bigger and more eccentric as filming went on. One of Anne's hairstyles he found to be particularly extravagant was when Anne and Gilbert walk along the lane discussing Averil's Atonement. The hairstyle Anne sports towards the end of the movie when she goes to visit Gilbert when he's sick was the least favorite of Sullivan's.
- If you look closely at the doors in the kitchen, they are closed in every scene. This is due to the fact that for this movie they only rebuilt the kitchen, and there is nothing behind those doors.
- The line Hattie Pringle says about not wanting to bruise herself fainting on stage was first written in [?] Louisa May Alcott's novel, Little Women and verbally said, by a character, named "Amy".
- Hudson Sullivan, Diana's newborn son, is a grandson of the movie's director, Kevin Sullivan.
- During her time at Kingsport Lady College, Anne Shirley produces a play about Mary, Queen of Scotts. Currently, Megan Follows, who played Anne Shirley, is starring in CW's hit show [Reign], which is about Mary, Queen of Scotts.
- One of the first scenes shot with Dame Wendy Hiller was the picnic scene. She had just recently had an operation and while climbing into the buggy for the scene, her hip was displaced. Everyone was confused and nervous, wondering if she had had a heart attack. When Sullivan got over to her, she said, "Get me a whiskey, dear boy." Unfortunately, her humorous mood was short-lived and she wanted to return to England at once, without finishing the film. Kevin Sullivan had to work hard to get her to stay.