Random Trivia For This Title:
- The film was originally to be called "G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes".
- Arnold Vosloo's actual face is only seen for roughly three seconds (not counting the few times you see his photo on a computer). The rest of the time his character is played by Jonathan Pryce as Vosloo's Zartan is impersonating The President.
- Cobra Commander has a different helmet from the last film: a black one bearing a snake design. He now looks more like Cobra Commander from the original [G.I. Joe].
- Near the end of the film, when Zartan, impersonating the President, is fighting Storm Shadow, one of the metal cases behind him bears the logo of the Umbrella Corporation, the fictional multinational from the Resident Evil universe.
- This film was originally scheduled to be released on June 29, 2012. Paramount had begun a substantial ad campaign which began in February with an expensive ad during the Super Bowl. But in May 2012, Paramount announced they were delaying the film's release until March 29, 2013 in order to to add 3D effects. It was later revealed that the real reason for the delay was for reshoots including more scenes with Channing Tatum. Test audiences wanted more scenes between Tatum and Dwayne Johnson and Tatum suddenly became a box-office star with the successes of The Vow and 21 Jump Street.
- The prison, where Cobra Commander and Destro are held and which is allegedly located in East Germany, is called "Einsargen" in the movie. The name is a German verb, meaning "to put someone into a coffin".
- Only 5 members of the cast appeared in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. They are Byung-hun Lee, Ray Park, Arnold Vosloo, Jonathan Pryce, and Channing Tatum.
- The vehicle driven by Roadblock in the final action sequence is a relatively new U.S. Military vehicle called the Ripsaw. At the time of the film's release it is deployed in a display capacity for the U.S. Army. It can reach top speeds of above 80 mph, and an amphibious version is in the works.
- During the run of the 1980s animated series Flint and Lady Jay had a bit of a romantic relationship with each other. In the comic book series, they are an actual couple. This relationship is foreshadowed in the scene after Jay infiltrates the presidents party.
- Dwayne Johnson ("The Rock") is the second WWE (formerly WWF) wrestler to appear as a Joe. The first was Sgt. Slaughter.
- While impersonating the president, Zartan addresses one of his impostor Secret Service agents as "Zandar." In the 1980s and 1990s G.I. Joe comic books, toy lines and cartoons, Zandar was the name of Zartan's brother. He also has the ability to impersonate anyone much like Zartan.
- As a wrestler, Dwayne Johnson ("The Rock") was known for the line "Do you smell what The Rock is cooking?" In this film, he plays Roadblock who in the original comics was a chef.
- The revelation that Zartan is the true killer of the Hard Master comes from the Marvel comic "G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #126" (July 1992).
- The trademark battle cry "Yo Joe!", is not once used in this film.