Random Trivia For This Title:
- There was allegedly a comic book that bridged the gap between Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) and this film. It followed Jason after he was dipped in toxic waste in a New York City sewer, and his killing spree all the way back to Camp Crystal Lake. It also explains why the FBI has a task force specifically for Jason.
- Jason's heart was actually made of gelatin and filled with fruit cocktail, mixed with black dye. Still, actor Richard GantRichard Gant was disgusted and reportedly nearly threw up during the take.
- (at around 1h 18 mins) In the film, just before he handcuffs himself to Jason and a part of immovable furniture, Creighton Duke says "Son of a b!&*#, you remember me". In the final film, this sounds nonsensical. In the audio commentary to the DVD, it is revealed that the script at one point had it that Jason killed Duke's girlfriend. His backstory initially explained that he was canoeing with his girlfriend in Camp Crystal Lake before Jason emerged from the water and dragged his girlfriend down into the lake. This is what led to his career in the police force, dedicating his life to hunting down Jason for revenge. This was ultimately cut from the script.
- Kane HodderKane Hodder, who portrays Jason, was severely burned over much of his body during a stunt gone wrong some years prior to this movie and, as a result, the skin below his neck is somewhat discolored and disfigured. One day after filming, he was peeling the Jason costume and make-up off his body when the young child of a crew member (who was brought to the set to see what it was like to make a film) became frightened of his burnt skin. Hodder calmly and sweetly picked up and hugged the child and told him that his body "just looked a bit different" and that there was nothing to be afraid of. Hodder let the child touch the skin on his arm to see that it didn't hurt him; the child immediately calmed down and had a fun time talking to Hodder. It was seeing this and later hearing that Hodder spent much of his free time at children's hospitals that made director Adam MarcusAdam Marcus realize that, despite often playing violent or evil characters, "Hodder had a heart of gold".
- At the end, when Freddy's glove grabs Jason's mask, was meant to be an inside joke, referencing the fact that a screenplay putting Jason and Freddy against each other had been in the works since 1987, and had been intended to be Friday the 13th part VII. However, it took too long to come up with a good script for that film, so another film (Jason X (2001)) was produced in the interval. Because New Line owned both properties, a joint project should have been easier to develop, but Freddy vs. Jason (2003) took several years (and sat untouched after several false starts) to come to fruition.
- The reason that this film is titled "Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday" instead of "Friday the 13th Part IX" or something similar is that New Line Cinema did not have the rights to the name "Friday the 13th".
- Tony ToddTony Todd auditioned for the role of Creighton Duke, but lost out to Steven WilliamsSteven Williams.
- In addition to his roles as Jason and the Security Guard, Kane HodderKane Hodder also played Freddy Krueger's arm in the final scene.