Random Trivia For This Title:
- Josh GadJosh Gad was Fox's initial choice for the role of Ben Grimm. Terry CrewsTerry Crews had publicly expressed interest in the role. [?] Christian Cooke auditioned for the role of Ben Grimm/The Thing before Jamie BellJamie Bell was cast.
- The characters in this film would have reverted back to Marvel, if the film was delayed past 2015. (Fox only having a 7 year window to produce a new [Fantastic Four] film, with a release of 1 year after that time expires.) Originally, Marvel Studios offered to give Fox an extension on rebooting Daredevil in exchange for the [Fantastic Four] film rights, along with characters associated with the brand that would expand their cosmic universe (Galactus, Silver Surfer, Uatu the Watcher, Annihilus, the Skrulls, and the Badoon, among others) - or at the least, just the cosmic characters. Fox refused to take up their offer, and they subsequently lost the rights to [Daredevil] - even though there are currently no plans at Fox to use any of the aforementioned cosmic characters.
- Saoirse RonanSaoirse Ronan, [?] Allison Williams, [?] Emmy Rossum, and Margot RobbieMargot Robbie auditioned for the role of Susan Storm/The Invisible Woman before Kate MaraKate Mara was cast. At one point, [?] Samira Wiley was considered for the role and Sasha PieterseSasha Pieterse auditioned for it but was considered too young for the part. Josh TrankJosh Trank reportedly wanted [?] Allison Williams for the role of Susan Storm, but Fox demanded that Kate MaraKate Mara be cast, leading to Trank mistreating Mara on set.
- When asked about his opinion on the Human Torch being black, Stan LeeStan Lee said he very much approved.
- This is the second Marvel film for both ~7391~ and Kate MaraKate Mara, who had both appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film series: Nelson had appeared in The Incredible Hulk and Mara had appeared in Iron Man 2.
- Eddie RedmayneEddie Redmayne, Jack HustonJack Huston, Domhnall GleesonDomhnall Gleeson, and [?] Sam Riley were considered to play Dr. Doom before Toby KebbellToby Kebbell was cast.
- Jamie BellJamie Bell consulted his The Adventures of Tintin co-star and motion capture artist Andy SerkisAndy Serkis for assistance on his role as The Thing.
- Miles TellerMiles Teller is the first American actor to portray Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic; his predecessors, [?] Alex Hyde-White and Ioan GruffuddIoan Gruffudd, were British. In contrast, Jamie BellJamie Bell is the first British actor to play Ben Grimm/The Thing; his predecessors, Michael Bailey SmithMichael Bailey Smith and Michael ChiklisMichael Chiklis, were American.
- After the disappointing reviews, Josh TrankJosh Trank went on to tweet that "He'll never be working on a comic book movie again".
- In a quickly deleted tweet from 6th August, 2015, Josh TrankJosh Trank said "A year ago I had a fantastic version of this. And it would've received great reviews. You'll probably never see it. That's reality though." After seeing this version, the studio mandated heavy re-shoots. The newer scenes are easy to spot as Kate MaraKate Mara had cut her hair and wore a blonde wig. Miles TellerMiles Teller also had facial hair that would appear and disappear between shots.
- Originally, the film was meant to be titled Fantastic Four: Reborn. David YatesDavid Yates was in negotiations to direct, with Adrien BrodyAdrien Brody as Reed Richards, Alice EveAlice Eve as Sue Storm and either Bruce WillisBruce Willis or Kiefer SutherlandKiefer Sutherland to voice The Thing, but the project fell apart.
- Michael B. JordanMichael B. Jordan ran into Chris EvansChris Evans, who initially played Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four and its sequel, at an industry event. According to Jordan, they ended up talking about the role and Evans told him, "Man, I can't give you anything. You're great, you're awesome. Just do your thing. And enjoy it. It's gonna be fun."
- The decoration hanging on the mirror in Johnny Storm's car during the race is a Fire Flower from Nintendo's Mario Brothers series. When Mario uses the flower he gains the ability to throw fireballs, much like Johnny Storm when he becomes the Human Torch.
- The garage that Reed is working in as a child is the same garage that Biff keeps his car in Back to the Future Part II.
- Adrien BrodyAdrien Brody and Jonathan Rhys MeyersJonathan Rhys Meyers were considered for the role of Reed Richards. Kit HaringtonKit Harington, Anton YelchinAnton Yelchin, Richard MaddenRichard Madden, and [?] Jack O'Connell auditioned for the role before Miles TellerMiles Teller was cast.