Random Trivia For This Title:
- Michael J. FoxMichael J. Fox had to learn to skateboard for the film.
- The "main street" is the same one used in Gremlins.
- Reportedly, Ronald ReaganRonald Reagan was amused by Doc Brown's disbelief that an actor like him could become president, so much so that he had the projectionist stop and replay the scene.
- When Lorraine follows Marty back to Doc's house, she and Doc exchange an awkward greeting. This marks the only on-screen dialogue that Christopher LloydChristopher Lloyd and Lea ThompsonLea Thompson ever have, though they have appeared together in five movies and one TV movie.
- The prefix "giga" was formerly more commonly pronounced as jiga, just as Doc Brown pronounces it.
- John LithgowJohn Lithgow was considered for the role of Doc Brown.
- In French version, when Marty wake up in 1955 in his young mother bed, she calls him "Pierre Cardin" instead of "Calvin Klein". In Italian version, she calls him "Levi Strauss".
- Michael J. FoxMichael J. Fox is only ten days younger than Lea ThompsonLea Thompson, the actress who plays his mother, and is almost four years older than his on-screen dad, Crispin GloverCrispin Glover. Similarly, Wendie Jo SperberWendie Jo Sperber, who played Marty's sister Linda McFly, was in fact three years older than Thompson and six years older than Glover.
- Character name of Emmett comes from the word "time," spelled backwards and pronounced as syllables (em-it).