Random Trivia For This Title:
- Michael J. Fox is only ten days younger than Lea Thompson, the actress who plays his mother, and is almost four years older than his on-screen dad, Crispin Glover. Similarly, Wendie Jo Sperber, who played Marty's sister Linda McFly, was in fact three years older than Thompson and six years older than Glover.
- John Lithgow was considered for the role of Doc Brown.
- In French version, when Marty wake up in 1955 in his young mother bed, she calls him "Pierre Cardin" instead of "Calvin Klein". In Italian version, she calls him "Levi Strauss".
- The prefix "giga" was formerly more commonly pronounced as jiga, just as Doc Brown pronounces it.
- When Lorraine follows Marty back to Doc's house, she and Doc exchange an awkward greeting. This marks the only on-screen dialogue that Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson ever have, though they have appeared together in five movies and one TV movie.
- Reportedly, Ronald Reagan was amused by Doc Brown's disbelief that an actor like him could become president, so much so that he had the projectionist stop and replay the scene.
- Michael J. Fox had to learn to skateboard for the film.
- The "main street" is the same one used in Gremlins.
- Character name of Emmett comes from the word "time," spelled backwards and pronounced as syllables (em-it).