Random Trivia For This Title:
- Contrary to initial appearances, the Pym's laboratory building is not an actual building that can be shrunk to the size of a suitcase. On the contrary, that small size is the original size of the object. It has been built of brick construction pieces and miniature models of equipment such as AA batteries for a power source etc., and has been enlarged to a full-size building when the owners wish to enter it without changing their own size. The give-away is the extendable luggage handle that would have been impossible to install if the lab were an actual building. You can also spot other enlarged items such as a paperclip and a knob to adjust volume on a stereo set.
- Paul RuddPaul Rudd really did learn close up magic for this movie. "I really did learn some of the magic. I haven't really kept it up. But then again, trying to learn to be really good at magic in a short amount of time is like trying to learn violin in a short amount of time."
- Michelle PfeifferMichelle Pfeiffer and Paul RuddPaul Rudd played lovers in I Could Never Be Your Woman (2007). In this film, she played his girlfriend's mother.
- First movie collaboration for Michelle PfeifferMichelle Pfeiffer and Michael DouglasMichael Douglas, who, despite both having careers that span more than three decades, have never worked directly together. The same is true for either Douglas or Pfeiffer and Laurence FishburneLaurence Fishburne.
- They knew they wanted to feature another scene with Luis (Michael PeņaMichael Peņa) riffing a long story again but didn't want to repeat themselves. The idea of pitting him against Walton GogginsWalton Goggins' villainous Sonny Burch and a truth serum, though, gave them a way into the scene.
- Michelle PfeifferMichelle Pfeiffer agreed to appear in the movie because she is a fan of the first Ant-Man (2015).
- The flashback in the first film to Janet Van Dyne (Michelle PfeifferMichelle Pfeiffer) on the missile never showed her face, but Reed told the casting and visual effects departments responsible for the barely visible eyes behind her mask that he wanted it to resemble Pfeiffer. "Michelle was always my dream casting for that role, and that was even before we knew we'd be making a second movie."
- Hannah John-KamenHannah John-Kamen has stated she loved playing Ghost, and in fact would be open to reprising her again in a Thunderbolts movie.
- Sharon StoneSharon Stone was considered for the role of Janet Van Dyne.
- They weren't sure at first how to get across the ideas of quantum entanglement, but it came clear once they struck on the idea of Scott and Janet basically doing an All of Me (1984) -- Lily TomlinLily Tomlin is trapped in Steve MartinSteve Martin's body with Steve MartinSteve Martin. They had discussed having Pfeiffer perform the scene then have Rudd copy her, but everyone agreed that Rudd would be better simply creating it wholesale.
- Stan LeeStan Lee: When Wasp is firing shrinking disks at her pursuers, she accidentally shrinks the Ant-Man co-creator's car; Stan then says in response, "The 60s were fun, but now I'm paying for it" (thinking he's having an "acid flashback" - hallucinating from the drugs he used to use). Ironically, during the 60s, Stan was a huge opponent of recreational drugs, and even published such anti-drug messages within his comic books.
- They used Elmore Leonard novels, as an inspiration in the sense that while a main antagonist exists they would also have various smaller-level antagonists and threats too.
- Laurence FishburneLaurence Fishburne and Walton GogginsWalton Goggins also both acted in Predators (2010).
- Bobby CannavaleBobby Cannavale previously starred opposite Karen GillanKaren Gillan in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017). Karen GillanKaren Gillan plays Nebula in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Cassie says she wants to be Scott's partner. In the comics, she became a size changing superhero, using the name Stature, who joined the Young Avengers after her father's death.