Random Trivia For This Title:
- Other than Annie, Daddy Warbucks and Sandy, the only characters in the film that were in the [Little Orphan Annie] strip were Punjab and the Asp, who were not in the play or the TV version. When Martin Charnin began work on the musical, the characters were the first to go because he wanted no fantasy or magic in it. This movie reinstated them in order to incorporate more elements from the strip.
- Albert Finney shaved his head to play Daddy Warbucks.
- Reportedly, [?] Mick Jagger keenly sought the role of Rooster Hannigan which went to Tim Curry.
- Tim Curry claims to have based his performance as Rooster on a stagehand he knew while performing a play in New York City.
- Steve Martin was offered the role of Rooster, but when he heard he would be working alongside Bernadette Peters he turned the role down. They were breaking up at the time, and Steve felt it would be too painful to work with her for several months.
- [?] Bette Midler was offered and declined the role of Miss Hannigan. Jack Nicholson was originally signed to play Daddy Warbucks, but dropped out after the original producer left.
- Drew Barrymore auditioned for the role of Annie, as did a young [?] Elizabeth Berkley, but she was told that she was too tall for the part. Kristin Chenoweth auditioned for Annie and got to the final stages of the audition process but was turned down because her Southern accent was too thick. She later went on to play Lilly St. Regis in another production of Annie.
- The studio believed only parents with small children would see a G-rated live-action movie, so the lines "Goddamn it!" (from Miss Hannigan) and "Come back here ya Goddamned kid!" (from Rooster) were included specifically to receive a PG rating.
- Aileen Quinn's red curly wig was so itchy that the property masters gave her a special comb with which to scratch her head.
- John Huston's only musical as a director, although he had been asked to direct Doctor Dolittle but turned it down. At one point, he was considered for the role of Daddy Warbucks but was turned down because he was too old.
- Carol Burnett got a chin implant after principal filming was completed, believing her work on the film was done. After the surgery, the cast was called back to do re-shoots of certain scenes, and the work done can be seen in the final film.