Random Trivia For This Title:
- While singing the opening song the Three Amigos simultaneously hold that high note for 14 seconds.
- The bats caught by Ned, is actually fried bacon, served on skewers.
- John Landis states, had Martin Short turned down the role of Ned, he would have then approached Rick Moranis to play the role.
- El Guapo's second in command is named Jefe... This word literally translates to "head," but more accurately translates to "boss." "El Guapo" is Spanish for "The Handsome One" or "The Ladies' Man".
- Steven Spielberg considered directing the film but chose to do E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial instead. He has said in interviews his choices for the roles of the Three Amigos were Steve Martin for Lucky Day, Bill Murray for Dusty Bottoms and Robin Williams for Ned Nederlander.
- Originally the movie was supposed to star Steve Martin, Dan Aykroyd and [?] John Belushi. Martin mentioned it in a [Playboy] interview published January 1980, referring to the movie as The Three Caballeros.
- Lucky Day (Steve Martin) is the only one of the Amigos to get shot in the movie. Once in his left shoulder, and once in his right foot.
- The movie billboard behind Steve Martin when he is trying to break into the studio to retrieve the Three Amigos costumes is an advertisement for the movie The Dueling Cavalier starring Miss Reynolds. [?] Debbie Reynolds starred in Singin' in the Rain in which the talkie movie they were trying to make was called, The Dueling Cavalier.
- Chevy Chase's favorite film of his own.
- The cantina at the beginning of the movie is named "Cantina el Borracho'. This is Spanish for "Bar of the Drunk".