Random Trivia For This Title:
- Chevy ChaseChevy Chase's favorite film of his own.
- The movie billboard behind Steve MartinSteve Martin when he is trying to break into the studio to retrieve the Three Amigos costumes is an advertisement for the movie The Dueling Cavalier starring Miss Reynolds. [?] Debbie Reynolds starred in Singin' in the Rain in which the talkie movie they were trying to make was called, The Dueling Cavalier.
- Originally the movie was supposed to star Steve MartinSteve Martin, Dan AykroydDan Aykroyd and [?] John Belushi. Martin mentioned it in a [Playboy] interview published January 1980, referring to the movie as The Three Caballeros.
- Lucky Day (Steve MartinSteve Martin) is the only one of the Amigos to get shot in the movie. Once in his left shoulder, and once in his right foot.
- Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg considered directing the film but chose to do E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial instead. He has said in interviews his choices for the roles of the Three Amigos were Steve MartinSteve Martin for Lucky Day, Bill MurrayBill Murray for Dusty Bottoms and Robin WilliamsRobin Williams for Ned Nederlander.
- John LandisJohn Landis states, had Martin ShortMartin Short turned down the role of Ned, he would have then approached Rick MoranisRick Moranis to play the role.
- El Guapo's second in command is named Jefe... This word literally translates to "head," but more accurately translates to "boss." "El Guapo" is Spanish for "The Handsome One" or "The Ladies' Man".
- The bats caught by Ned, is actually fried bacon, served on skewers.
- While singing the opening song the Three Amigos simultaneously hold that high note for 14 seconds.
- The cantina at the beginning of the movie is named "Cantina el Borracho'. This is Spanish for "Bar of the Drunk".