Random Trivia For This Title:
- This was the first feature film to use the "morphing" process developed by Industrial Light & Magic (ILM).
- In preparation for the movie, Warwick DavisWarwick Davis had to learn a modified accent, how to take care of a baby, how to ride a horse, how to sword fight, and how to perform magic.
- Word from Ron HowardRon Howard is that part of the two-headed dragon "Eborsisk" was modeled after Clint HowardClint Howard, his brother. He stated that since Clint has had many cameo appearances in his films, and Ron couldn't find a part for Clint in Willow, he modeled the dragon after him.
- Blackroot is actually vanilla.
- Warwick DavisWarwick Davis wore a wig for the movie - the long hair is not his own.
- Joanne WhalleyJoanne Whalley accidentally stuck her sword in a stuntman's foot while sticking the sword into the ground at the tavern.
- The six-month-old twins playing Elora Danan were too young to have a full head of hair. They wear a wig, which was applied using syrup, as normal wig adhesive would be too harsh for the babies' skin.
- The devil dogs were actually Rottweilers in rubber masks and suits.
- In between takes, Val KilmerVal Kilmer was getting out of the giant cage he was being filmed in, when the chain snapped and the cage came down on his foot. A limp can be seen during the scene where Madmortigan leaves Willow upon arrival in front of the island with Fin Raziel.