Random Trivia For This Title:
- Harrison Ford revealed that he's seen the movie and thinks it's "phenomenal", but skipped out on the premiere with the rest of the cast because he didn't want to steal Alden Ehrenreich's moment of glory.
- Although originally brought on-board to complete the film after Phil Lord and Christopher Miller had been dismissed due to creative differences, it was widely reported in October 2017 that Ron Howard had re-shot more than eighty percent of the movie.
- The Golden Idol (Fertility Idol) from the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark can be seen sitting on a table in the meeting room of Dryden Vos (Paul Bettany). Harrison Ford, who originally played Han Solo, also played Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Director Ron Howard confirmed this Easter egg on Twitter.
- Director Ron Howard said that one of the best experiences on this movie was directing Chewbacca, and subsequently getting a hug from him.
- Joonas Suotamo wrote a heartfelt letter to Peter Mayhew saying that he was doing his role not just for Star Wars fans, but for Mayhew himself.
- Woody Harrelson was picked over Christian Bale as Han's mentor.
- In this movie, Chewbacca tells Han he is one hundred ninety years old. In Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope Chewbacca is two hundred years old, making the events of this movie ten years before Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope.
- Dryden Vos (Paul Bettany) has a set of Mandalorian Battle Armor in his collection on his yacht. This is the same style of armor made famous by bounty hunters Jango and Boba Fett.
- Alden Ehrenreich was the first actor to audition for Directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. The directors said in July 2016 that while they liked a lot of the other actors with whom they read, they increasingly said, "The first guy we saw was the best for the part", and that led them to eventually cast Alden as Han.
- Though his most famous character C-3PO does not appear in this film, Anthony Daniels' name appeared in the credits as the voice of Tak.
- With this film, Warwick Davis has been involved in ten Star Wars related projects starting with Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi.
- First [Star Wars] movie not to feature anyone from the Skywalker bloodline.
- During an interview on [The Graham Norton Show], Phoebe Waller-Bridge stated that prior to her casting, she had never seen a [Star Wars] movie, and didn't know what a droid was. So she decided to play L3-37 as a human in her audition. It was only when one of the directors asked her if she could be more "droid-y" while making a mechanical hand gesture that she deduced that droids are robots. In the end, however, they liked her original interpretation of the character and gave her the part.
- This film marked the first time an Academy Award winning director ever made a [Star Wars] film. Also the third Academy Award nominated director (after George Lucas and Lawrence Kasdan).
- Michael Kenneth Williams was originally cast in the film and shot scenes, but amidst the re-shoots, he was unable to return to the set, and his role was removed.
- Dave Franco, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Miles Teller, Nick Robinson, Leo Howard, [?] Tony Oller, [?] Chandler Riggs, [?] Hunter Parrish, Rami Malek, [?] Landon Liboiron, [?] Ed Westwick, Tom Felton, [?] Ben Key, [?] Eddy Westcott, [?] Joshua Sasse, Logan Lerman, [?] Ansel Elgort, Jack Reynor, [?] Colton Haynes, [?] Max Thieriot, Scott Eastwood, Chris Pratt, [?] Emory Cohen, Alden Ehrenreich, Taron Egerton, [?] Jack O'Connell, and [?] Blake Jenner had screentested for the young Han Solo. Teller, Elgort, Franco, Reynor, Eastwood, Lerman, Cohen, Ehrenreich, Egerton, O'Connell, and Jenner were amongst the ones who made the cut for the role.
- This is the first film to feature Chewbacca in a lead role, so to achieve this level of on-screen action, production produced eight suits and 10 heads.
- Reports were saying that Michael B. Jordan was planned to portray Lando Calrissian, but the role was given to Donald Glover.
- Tessa Thompson, Naomi Scott, ZoŽ Kravitz, [?] Kiersey Clemons, and [?] Jessica Henwick, who portrayed Jess Testor Pava in Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens had screentested for the female lead role before it went to Emilia Clarke.
- Vesper Lynd, the main female lead character from Casino Royale is considered to be a major influence behind Qi'ra.
- Ron Howard, as usual, cast his brother Clint in a small role. Clint had earlier appeared on an episode of [Star Trek] as a child. Howard had previously directed Apollo 13, which featured Kevin Bacon, a distant cousin of [Star Wars] actor Mark Hamill.
- [?] O'Shea Jackson, Jr. and [?] Yahya Abdul-Mateen II auditioned for the role of Lando Calrissian.
- [?] Adande "Swoozie" Thorne revealed that he auditioned for Lando Calrissian and joked about Donald Glover taking all of his roles.