Random Trivia For This Title:
- In the transition from Kylo Ren to Ben Solo, the transition to the light side is shown to be complete when the large facial scar left from his lightsaber battle on the Starkiller Base fully disappears. In all later scenes with Rey and Han Solo, his face is scar free.
- Rey becomes the first movie Jedi to have a yellow lightsaber. Once she returns to Tatooine to bury Luke and Leia's sabers, she activates her own, which seems to be made from her staff and has a yellow blade.
- Among the Jedi voices Rey hears during the "all Jedi" scene are: Anakin Skywalker (Hayden ChristensenHayden Christensen), Luminara Unduli (Olivia d'AboOlivia d'Abo), Ahsoka Tano ([?] Ashley Eckstein), Aayla Secura (Jennifer HaleJennifer Hale), Mace Windu (Samuel L. JacksonSamuel L. Jackson), younger Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregorEwan McGregor), older Obi-Wan Kenobi (Alec GuinnessAlec Guinness via digitally altered archive audio), Yoda (Frank OzFrank Oz), Adi Gallia ([?] Angelique Perrin), Kanan Jarrus (Freddie Prinze Jr.Freddie Prinze Jr.), Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam NeesonLiam Neeson), and Luke Skywalker (Mark HamillMark Hamill).
- Dominic MonaghanDominic Monaghan received his role in the film as the result of a bet with director and friend J.J. AbramsJ.J. Abrams. While Abrams was working on the script, he and Monaghan made a friendly wager on a World Cup game, the prize being a part in the upcoming ["Star Wars"] film. Monaghan won the bet, and Abrams wrote the part of Beaumont Kin just for him.
- Producers had a bigger role planned for Leia. Lucasfilm President Kathleen KennedyKathleen Kennedy said that Carrie FisherCarrie Fisher "grabbed me and said, 'I'd better be at the forefront of IX!' Because Harrison was front and center on VII, and Mark is front and center on VIII. She thought IX would be her movie. And it would have been." After her death, [?] Todd Fisher and Billie LourdBillie Lourd granted Disney and Lucasfilm permission to use Carrie's likeness in the form of unused footage.
- Adam DriverAdam Driver does all of his own stunts.
- Actor Mark HamillMark Hamill plays the voice of Boolio. [?] Patrick Williams, who received the voice credit, is one of Hamill's professional pseudonyms.
- Billie LourdBillie Lourd wears the very same outfit that her mother (Carrie FisherCarrie Fisher) wore in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) and the hair style was done to match as well. To many fans this costume is known as "Endor Leia".
- The Babu Frik puppet was only nine inches tall but was packed full of movements and features that took seven puppeteers to bring to life.
- John WilliamsJohn Williams stated that this would be the final ["Star Wars"] film for which he would compose music.
- In November 25, 2019, it was reported that a script for this film was leaked on the Internet. An actor (later revealed to be John BoyegaJohn Boyega by his own admission) had reportedly kept the script under the bed after changing apartments. After somebody was cleaning the place and found the script, the person attempted to sell it on eBay. Director J.J. AbramsJ.J. Abrams confirmed that Disney and Lucasfilm bought the script back.
- During the massive crowd celebration scene in Pasaana, C-3PO says that this event happens once every 42 years. This is the time between the releases of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) and Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019).
- With a gap of 36 years, the return of characters Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antilles marks the longest time for any original actors to reprise their role.
- Unused footage of Carrie FisherCarrie Fisher shot for Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) was incorporated by digitally removing the background and superimposing it elsewhere. Visual effects were used to change her wardrobe and add gray to her hair so the footage would match her appearance in Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017).
- When George LucasGeorge Lucas originally laid out plans for 12 episodes, then reduced it to nine, he said that C-3PO and R2-D2 would be the only characters to appear in all nine. This proves to be true: Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, the only other characters to appear in every movie of the original and prequel trilogies, did not appear in the sequel trilogy. Anthony DanielsAnthony Daniels is the only actor to appear in all nine episodes.
- [Firefly] Easter egg: in the scene where ships from across the Galaxy come to help the Rebellion, Serenity is very visible, center of the screen, obstructed slightly by the ship the camera is following.