Random Trivia For This Title:
- The word lightsaber is never used in the film. When Anakin talks to Qui-Gon he calls it a "laser sword".
- If you highlight the THX logo in the Language Selection page on the DVD and press 1138 with the remote you will access a hidden blooper reel.
- Darth Maul blinks only once.
- This is the only [Star Wars] film where no-one (not counting droids) loses an arm or hand to a lightsaber.
- During the first week of the first trailer's release, many theatres reported up to 75% of their audiences paying full price for a movie, then walking out after the Star Wars: Episode I trailer was shown.
- Queen Amidala protects herself by posing as one of her own underlings. The same ploy was used by the President of the United States in Superman II to conceal his identity from General Zod, played by Terence Stamp - who plays Chancellor Valorum in this film.
- When the captain of the queen's security team is telling Qui-Gon that the queen wants Padme to tag along with him, a silhouette of Elliot and ET flying (from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial) can be seen in the sky.
- A group of aliens resembling E.T. (from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial), and a group of creatures resembling the aliens from Alien, can be seen in the Galactic Senate chamber shortly after Queen Amidala calls for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum.
- Natalie Portman's voice was digitally enhanced to distinguish between Padme and Queen Amidala.
- In scenes where Padme and Queen Amidala appear together, Natalie Portman is Padme, while Keira Knightley is Sabe, one of the handmaidens disguised as the Queen.
- Jabba the Hutt's full name is Jabba Desilijic Tiure.
- The film contains no acting credit for the character of Darth Sidious, although he is played by Ian McDiarmid, who also plays Senator (and then later, Chancellor) Palpatine