Random Trivia For This Title:
- Courteney CoxCourteney Cox's character, Melissa Robinson, was named after original writer Jack BernsteinJack Bernstein's daughter Melissa.
- Shady Acres Mental Hospital is named for director Tom ShadyacTom Shadyac.
- The entire scene where Ace Ventura claims to be expert dolphin trainer Heinz Getwellvet was originally cut out of the theatrical release. It was added back in when the movie was released on videotape in June 1994, and was advertised as "additional footage not seen in theaters".
- Jim CarreyJim Carrey has starred in five films that have had sequels or prequels: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask, Dumb & Dumber, Batman Forever and Bruce Almighty, but this is the only film that had a sequel in which he himself appears and reprises his role.
- The voice of Ace Venutura and the manner in which he speaks, was added by Jim CarreyJim Carrey only after several read throughs of the script. The voice was something Carrey used in his stand up routine. The "All righty then" was the catch phrase of one of his stand up characters and after the lines from the script weren't feeling right, he added it to the script and read through it again using that voice for all the lines. It was such an improvement that it became the main Ace Ventura personality trait.
- Carrie-Anne MossCarrie-Anne Moss and Téa LeoniTéa Leoni were considered for the role of Melissa Robinson.
- Lauren HollyLauren Holly screen tested for but turned down the role played here by Courteney CoxCourteney Cox, but co-starred with Jim CarreyJim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber later in the year.
- The short scene during the party where Ace pulls the cellist's arm as he walks by, making him produce a false tone, was improvised by Jim CarreyJim Carrey.
- When Ace is first informing Lt. Einhorn about his Ray Finkle theory, on the desk there are two apples and a banana positioned in a suggestive manner. This foreshadows the fact that Lt. Einhorn is actually the male Finkle.
- Jim CarreyJim Carrey came up with the idea of ripping off Sean YoungSean Young's clothes to reveal her in her bra and underwear in the end.
- The actor playing Ray Finkle in the photo of the Dolphin's group shot is actually Sean YoungSean Young in a wig and fake mustache.
- Einhorn" is German for "unicorn", and is a suggestive foreshadowing for the fact that Lt. Einhorn is really Ray Finkle, a man.