Random Trivia For This Title:
- One of Angelina Jolie's stunt doubles was a man. In the scene where Lara Croft and partner jump off a building wearing "flying suits", called wingsuits, the stunt was performed by the two men who developed the suits. No CGI, wires, nets, or other SFX were involved. This suit was invented by [?] Patrick de Gayardon, who died in a parachute accident in April 1998 while testing a new type of parachute in Hawaii.
- The skin on Lara's upper left arm is rarely seen exposed in this film. Angelina Jolie sports a large tattoo on her upper left bicep which requires make-up to cover up. The fact her left arm is rarely bared in this film (her opening scene in a bikini is shot in such a way her RIGHT arm, not her left, dominates) may be due to criticism that the tattoo was sometimes poorly concealed in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.
- Angelina Jolie is the only actor/actress in the movie to be American-born.
- At the time of the film's release, Angelina Jolie said she had no desire to play the character a third time. Nonetheless, some planning for a third feature was undertaken until early 2004 when the studio announced plans for another Lara Croft film starring Jolie had been cancelled.
- Angelina Jolie stated in an interview that she kept Lara's holsters and has them at home.
- In the German version of the movie Til Schweiger dubbed himself in the role of Sean.
- [?] Robson Green read for this film. Max Ryan screen-tested for the role of Terry Sheridan. [?] Kelly Brook was rumored to be in talks to replaces Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.
- In Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Angelina Jolie had to wear bra padding in order for her bust size to measure closer to the videogame character's. Jolie wears considerably less (and possibly no) padding in this film, as the decision was made to give Lara more realistic dimensions.