Random Trivia For This Title:
- Brian Tochi (The voice of Leonardo) and Robbie Rist (The voice of Michaelangelo) are the only actors who appeared in all three live-action [Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles] movies.
- In the script and novelization, the young boy that Tatsu attacks was to die from the beating. The sounds of the boy breathing and others saying he would be all right were added at the last minute after the movie ratings board objected to the scene.
- Toward the end of the movie, one of the street punks (Sam Rockwell) says to the police chief "Check out East Warehouse on Lairdman Island." The creators of the Ninja Turtles were Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird.
- When Donatello is skateboarding in the sewers to meet with Michelangelo while Mikey is waiting for the pizza, you can see, for a couple of frames, a human hand (which should be Donny's) move in and then out of the camera viewpoint while he is doing a spin.
- In the Foot Warehouse, the boxes in the foreground near the skate half-pipe read Mirage, which was one of the comic book companies that published the Ninja Turtle comic books.
- This was the highest-grossing independent film of all time, having made over $135 million in domestic box office. Starting with a production budget estimated around $13.5 million, that means a little over 1000% return on investment.