Random Trivia For This Title:
- Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg's original concept was for a much darker movie in which a family was terrorized in their house by aliens. When Spielberg decided to go with a more benevolent alien, the family-in-jeopardy concept was recycled as Poltergeist.
- With the exception of Elliot's mom, no adults' faces are shown until the last half of the film.
- One of the movie clips E.T. watches on TV is from This Island Earth.
- Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg shot the film in chronological order to invoke a real response from the actors (mainly the children) when E.T. departed at the end. All emotional responses from that last scene are real.
- Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg shot most of the film from the eye-level of a child to further connect with Elliot and E.T.
- At the auditions, Henry ThomasHenry Thomas thought about the day his dog died to express sadness. Director Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg cried, and hired him on the spot.
- ET's communicator actually worked, and was constructed by [?] Henry Feinberg, an expert in science and technology interpretation for the public.