Random Trivia For This Title:
- The character of Gordon Gunderson, played by Peter Holden, is named after Holden's grandfather, a veteran who fought in the actual Battle of the Bulge.
- The photo that "Deacon" carries throughout the film is of actor Corbin Allred's grandmother, and is in fact the photo that Allred's grandfather carried with him throughout WWII.
- All guns used in the film are authentic and fully-functional, modified to shoot blanks.
- More than 5,000 blank rounds were used in filming.
- Over 100 war re-enactors volunteered to participate in filming, lying in the snow for hours at a time.
- The highest opening weekend of any release from Excel Entertainment: $129,056 (from only 26 screens; week of August 6-8, 2004)
- Charles Durning is one of the survivors of the Malmedy Massacre depicted early in the film.
- Most, if not all, of the actors portraying the soldiers in the film are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, except for the actor who plays Gould, he is a Scientologist.
- Body count: 44