Random Trivia For This Title:
- Most, if not all, of the actors portraying the soldiers in the film are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, except for the actor who plays Gould, he is a Scientologist.
- Charles Durning is one of the survivors of the Malmedy Massacre depicted early in the film.
- The highest opening weekend of any release from Excel Entertainment: $129,056 (from only 26 screens; week of August 6-8, 2004)
- Over 100 war re-enactors volunteered to participate in filming, lying in the snow for hours at a time.
- More than 5,000 blank rounds were used in filming.
- All guns used in the film are authentic and fully-functional, modified to shoot blanks.
- The photo that "Deacon" carries throughout the film is of actor Corbin Allred's grandmother, and is in fact the photo that Allred's grandfather carried with him throughout WWII.
- The character of Gordon Gunderson, played by Peter Holden, is named after Holden's grandfather, a veteran who fought in the actual Battle of the Bulge.
- Body count: 44