Random Trivia For This Title:
- When Count Rugen hits Westly over the head, Cary ElwesCary Elwes told Christopher GuestChristopher Guest to go ahead and hit him for real. Guest hit him hard enough to shut down production for a day while Elwes went to the hospital.
- Mark KnopflerMark Knopfler agreed to write the music for this movie on the condition that Rob ReinerRob Reiner put the hat that he wore in the movie This Is Spinal Tap. The hat appears in The Grandson's bedroom.
- While shooting scenes on top of a high grassy slope, Cary ElwesCary Elwes broke his toe. André the GiantAndré the Giant couldn't walk up those hills, which was a huge slab, so he drove a rented, small four-wheeler and threw Elwes the keys to try it. Elwes went over a rock and the rock got caught in between his toes and the pedal, crushing his toe. He couldn't delay the shoot and thus shot his scene. In the film, you can see him limping when he's running into the swamp. Costume designer [?] Phyllis Dalton made a special shoe for him.
- Neither Cary ElwesCary Elwes nor Mandy PatinkinMandy Patinkin had any fencing or swordfighting experience prior to filming the movie. Thanks to extensive training, they were able to film 100% of their swordfighting scenes themselves, with no stuntmen.
- Director Rob ReinerRob Reiner left the set during Billy CrystalBilly Crystal's scenes because he would laugh so hard that he would become nauseous.