Random Trivia For This Title:
- Bill PaxtonBill Paxton has been assaulted by one of the Aliens, the Predator and The Terminator.
- The slaughterhouse sequence took about four days to shoot and was extremely difficult, according to director Stephen HopkinsStephen Hopkins, due to the amount of water used and the lighting of the sequence.
- During the finale when the elder Predator hands Danny GloverDanny Glover the gun dating from 1715, writers Jim ThomasJim Thomas and John ThomasJohn Thomas had conceived an idea for a possible Predator movie which would take place in a time where was no modern weapons available to combat them, much like the finale of the original Predator.
- At one point Arnold SchwarzeneggerArnold Schwarzenegger was going to co-star in the film, but chose to do Terminator 2: Judgment Day instead.
- With more time than the original Predator, [?] Stan Winston, Stephen HopkinsStephen Hopkins and [?] Lawrence G. Paull came up with ideas and designs with more exotic weapons (the retractable spear, the detachable pincers, the Frisbee blade, the net, etc.) for the Predator to use to differentiate this film from the previous one.
- The spear weapon that was used in the film disappeared and was reported as stolen after filming was completed.
- John McTiernanJohn McTiernan was offered the chance to direct but turned it down to work on The Hunt for Red October.
- The plot underwent a few changes in its earliest stages. Gary BuseyGary Busey's character, Keyes, was actually intended to be Dutch, Arnold SchwarzeneggerArnold Schwarzenegger's character from the first film. Schwarzenegger was very outspoken against the sequel's concept, feeling that taking it into the city was a bad idea, and declined the role.
- The Jamaican voodoo posse gangs seen in the film were based on actual gangs that were terrorizing New York City and Kansas City at one point in the mid- to late-1980s.