Random Trivia For This Title:
- All of the actors are wearing Vietnam surplus canvas load bearing gear, not the more modern (i.e. post 1967) nylon gear.
- The mandibles of the predator were the idea of James CameronJames Cameron.
- Arnold SchwarzeneggerArnold Schwarzenegger noted that filming the climatic fight was made difficult by the fact that the late Kevin Peter HallKevin Peter Hall, who played the Predator, couldn't see through his mask.
- An attempt was made to get shots of the Predator swinging from tree to tree using a monkey in a red special-effects suit. However, the monkey kept removing the suit and the idea was abandoned.
- Sonny LandhamSonny Landham was hired to work on this film, but on one condition: the insurance company insisted on a round-the-clock bodyguard for Landham, not to protect the actor, but to protect everyone else from the actor (who was prone to bar fights, etc.).
- John McTiernanJohn McTiernan broke his wrist while on location, but kept working.
- Two of the actors portraying commandos besieged by the Predator have been elected to state governorships: Jesse VenturaJesse Ventura (Independent) was elected Governor of Minnesota in 1998, and Arnold SchwarzeneggerArnold Schwarzenegger (Republican) was elected Governor of California in a hotly-contested recall election in 2003. In addition, Sonny LandhamSonny Landham (Republican) ran an unsuccessful campaign for Governor of Kentucky in 2003.
- Due to health and safety regulations, Arnold SchwarzeneggerArnold Schwarzenegger was not allowed to light his cigar inside the helicopter near the beginning of the film. As a result the glow was added optically in post-production.
- The predator's blood - a goopy substance with the color of Mountain Dew - was made on-set using a mixture of the liquid from inside glow sticks, and KY jelly.
- Arnold SchwarzeneggerArnold Schwarzenegger lost over 25 pounds before filming began in order to better fit the role of a special warfare operative, who would be lean as well as muscular.