Random Trivia For This Title:
- Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank, who were Kimberly and Tommy in [Mighty Morphin Power Rangers], have cameo roles in this film as Angel Grove citizens. They are seen wearing their Ranger colors (pink and green) from that show. Jason David Frank was kicked out of a theater for trying to record his cameo during the premiere of the movie.
- [?] Daniel Zovatto, [?] Ross Butler and [?] Brian Marc were considered for the role of Zack Taylor.
- When Rita is defeated by the Megazord, she is last seen hurling to the moon and she starts to smile. In [Mighty Morphin Power Rangers], Rita has her lair on the moon.
- Considered to be the first big-budget superhero movie to feature an LGBT protagonist.
- Roberto Orci was originally going to produce the film, but has dropped out due to commitments with Star Trek: Beyond.
- [?] K.J. Apa, [?] Enrique Alejandro, [?] Mitchell Hope and [?] Austin Butler were considered for the role of Jason Lee Scott.
- Becky G's feature film debut.
- To confirm her casting announcement on Twitter, Elizabeth Banks said "After 10,000 years I'm free, it's time to conquer earth, time to play Rita Repulsa in the new Power Rangers Movie!". (in reference to the character's line in the opening credits of [Mighty Morphin Power Rangers]).
- Jason throws a Camaro car, calling it Bumblebee after the heroic Autobot from the Transformers live-action films. The film features two Transformers actors, Fred Tatasciore and Garry Chalk.
- Naomi Scott, who plays Kimberly the Pink Ranger, originally auditioned for the role of Trini the Yellow Ranger.
- Naomi Scott, RJ Cyler, Dacre Montgomery and Becky G have all spoken in favor of casting a woman as the traditionally male Green Ranger, Tommy Oliver. Dacre Montgomery named [?] Gigi Hadid, who is a big fan of the franchise and campaigned for the role of Kimberly Hart/Pink Ranger in this film, as his choice.
- [?] Stefanie Scott and AnnaSophia Robb were considered for the role of Kimberly Ann Hart.
- When the Zords charge into battle, the theme song from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie is heard. Composer Brian Tyler had created an orchestral score of the "Power Rangers" theme, but the filmmakers decided to use the original theme song instead.
- Naomi Scott actually cut off her hair in Kimberly's haircut scene.
- According to the director Dean Israelite, a scene in the trailer of Jason and Kimberly kissing was cut after test audiences voiced that they felt it put focus on their romance as opposed to Kimberly's redemption story.
- The Power Ranger uniforms have been upgraded from spandex armor to an alien crystal that forms around the rangers.
- At one point the Yellow Ranger Trini wears a shirt that reads 1973. This was the year that the original Trini, [?] Thuy Trang was born.
- Ludi Lin visited his old high school to prepare for his role as Zack. He blended in successfully, even telling some students he was a transfer student and asking for a tour, until one of his old teachers walked up to him and said, "Ludi? You're still here?"
- A linguist was hired to create the language of Eltar. Bryan Cranston and Bill Hader had trouble with the language, but Elizabeth Banks became fluent in it.
- Bryan Cranston, who plays Zordon in the film, previously voiced the monsters Twin Man and Snizzard in [Mighty Morphin Power Rangers].
- Elizabeth Banks improvised eating the gold necklace at the jewelry store.
- Rita kills Billy by drowning him. In [Mighty Morphin Power Rangers] Billy is afraid of drowning.
- This is the first time in the Power Rangers franchise that a ranger is acknowledged to be on the autism spectrum.