Random Trivia For This Title:
- [?] Walter Jones, [?] Thuy Trang, and [?] Austin St. John (the original Black, Yellow and Red Power Rangers) were originally set to star in the movie, but ultimately weren't included because they were let go due to their contract dispute with the TV show.
- Each of the Power Rangers' new movie costumes weighed 40 pounds and the actors had to film sometimes as long as ten hours a day in their Power Ranger uniforms. Due to the long hours of filming for the movie, suits caused back pain to co-stars Amy Jo JohnsonAmy Jo Johnson (Kimberly Ann Hart/The Pink Ranger) and Karan AshleyKaran Ashley (Aisha Campbell/The Yellow Ranger) after filming their scenes.
- The TV shows are known for using the action scenes from the [Super Sentai] series in Japan, but MMPR:The Movie was the first [Power Rangers] feature to use 100% new and original material.
- In an original script, the Rangers were supposed to fight giant Rat Monsters that Ivan Ooze created. Because the suits didn't work well enough and looked "too low budget" for the movie, the Rat Monsters were instead replaced by the Ooze Creatures that Ivan creates in the film. However, the Rat creature suits didn't go to waste either. Instead, they would later appear in the "Return of the Green Ranger" storyline of the [Power Rangers] television series.
- Several of the sets, including Lord Zedd's throne room (a.k.a. the Chamber of Command) and Dulcea's Palace, were made up of aluminum foil over constructed wood framings.
- Mariska HargitayMariska Hargitay (daughter of Jayne MansfieldJayne Mansfield) originally replaced Gabrielle FitzpatrickGabrielle Fitzpatrick during filming, because Fitzpatrick was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst which had to be removed immediately in an operation. Starting in November 1994, several weeks' of Hargitay's filming had taken place at the Chinese Gardens at Darling Harbour. When the crew thought that Hargitay didn't seem right for the role after filming her scenes, she was fired and Fitzpatrick got the part back in January 1995 after she had recovered from her operation.
- In order for the purple tongue to match the purple body, Paul FreemanPaul Freeman drank black currant juice, held it in his mouth and spat it out before each take.
- [?] Catherine Sutherland originally auditioned for the part of Dulcea, but was turned down because the producers felt that she was too young for the part. However, she would later be cast on the TV series' third season as Katherine and would take over the role of the Pink Ranger when actress Amy Jo JohnsonAmy Jo Johnson left the show.
- Johnny Yong BoschJohnny Yong Bosch actually did all of his own stunts in the movie, including the morphed fight scenes. His stuntman was injured at the time and couldn't do any work for the film, so Bosch gratefully accepted their offer to replace him.
- When Ivan Ooze tells Zordon of all the things he had missed when trapped inside his containment egg, the black plague and the Spanish Inquisition were scripted examples, but actor Paul FreemanPaul Freeman ad-libbed the last line, "The Brady Bunch reunion!"