Random Trivia For This Title:
- Richard Harris only agreed to taking the part of Albus Dumbledore after his eleven year old granddaughter threatened never to speak to him again.
- The movie is known as Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone everywhere except the USA and so every scene in which the Philosopher's Stone was mentioned was filmed twice, once with the actors saying "Philosopher's" and once with the actors saying "Sorcerer's".
- The name of Harry's owl ("Hedwig") is not mentioned anywhere in the movie.
- The inscription around the Mirror of Erised says: Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi. Reading the inscription backwards it says, "I show not your face but your heart's desire."
- Warwick Davis, who played Professor Flitwick and the first Gringotts Goblin, also provided the voice for Griphook who was physically played by Verne Troyer.
- Tim Roth was a leading contender for the role of Professor Severus Snape. Roth dropped out of contention, however, to pursue his role as General Thade in Tim Burton's adaptation of Planet of the Apes.
- Alan Rickman was hand-picked to play Snape by J.K. Rowling.
- In the trophy cupboard, to the right of the Quidditch trophy, you can see the "Service to the School" trophy with part of "Tom M Riddle" engraved on it.
- David Thewlis, who later played Professor Lupin in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, was considered for the role of Professor Quirrell.
- In the film, the scar on Harry's forehead is off-center. This was done at J.K. Rowling's request. Due to the artwork on the covers of her books, many people have assumed that his scar is supposed to be in the center of his forehead. The books, however, never specify exactly where on his forehead the scar is located.