Random Trivia For This Title:
- The bumper sticker on the Bowen vehicle during the last scene of the film says: Hooper High School. This is a direct reference to Tobe Hooper, who directed the 1982 original version.
- Rosemarie Dewitt wanted to do the film, after she experienced the engaged and lively audience reaction at the premiere of The Conjuring, which she attended because it featured her husband Ron Livingston.
- The first film that 20th Century Fox and MGM actually produce together. Fox has handled international distribution for MGM since the early 2000s, as well as distributing MGM titles on Blu-ray and DVD since 2006, though the two studios have never actually collaborated for a film project outside of distribution.
- Tom Cruise and Richard Armitage were considered for the role of Eric Bowen.
- Parapsychologist/Anomalist [?] Christopher Chacon, one of the world's foremost authorities on "poltergeists", was utilized by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/20th Century Fox studios as their official expert on the phenomenon to internationally publicize and promote the release of the movie.
- Rosemarie Dewitt and Jared Harris both had roles in the series [Mad Men].
- The director stated that the house they filmed in is haunted
- [?] Natasha Calis was considered for the role of Kendra Bowen.
- Amy talks to Eric about becoming a coach, Craig T. Nelson who played the original father in Poltergeist, played Coach Hayden Fox on the TV series [Coach].