Random Trivia For This Title:
- Romola Garai auditioned for the role of Elizabeth Bennet. She later played Keira Knightley's sister in Atonement.
- Emma Thompson did an uncredited and unpaid re-write of the script. She receives a "Special Thanks" credit at the end of the film. One of the two scenes that Emma Thompson wrote was the scene in which Charlotte Lucas tells Elizabeth Bennet that she will marry Mr. Collins. The other one is the scene in which Elizabeth Bennet tries to tell Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner and Darcy about Lydia's elopement with Wickham. Here Keira Knightley's walking in and out of the room was Emma Thompson's idea according to Joe Wright's DVD commentary.
- Jena Malone (Lydia) plays younger sister to Keira Knightley (Lizzie). Malone is in real-life older than Knightley.
- Matthew Macfadyen (Mr. Darcy) has very poor eyesight. In the misty morning shot, the director, Joe Wright, was behind the camera waving a red flag so Macfadyen knew where to walk.
- During Mr. Bingley's private ball, when Miss Bingley and Mr. Darcy are dancing with each other, Miss Bingley says, "I can't help feeling that someone is going to produce a piglet and make us chase it." The song they are dancing to is called "The Tythe Pig."
- Rosamund Pike was Joe Wright's first choice for the role of Jane. She turned down the role of Rita Skeeter in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for this film.
- The scene where Bingley rehearses proposing to Jane was improvised. Initially, it was supposed to be shorter, but Simon Woods' was so good that the scene was lengthened.
- At the beginning of the movie, Elizabeth is shown reading a novel titled First Impressions - this was Jane Austen's original title of her novel before she altered it to Pride and Prejudice. Additionally the text of the visible pages is readable when paused; it is the last chapter of Pride and Prejudice, with names changed.
- Joe Wright was not initially keen on Keira Knightley playing Elizabeth, believing her to be too attractive. He changed his mind upon meeting her, deciding her tomboyish attitude would be perfect for the part
- Keira Knightley was preparing for her role in Domino while she was filming this, and had already cut her hair. She had to wear a wig during the last few weeks of filming and long sleeves to hide her muscles.
- The actresses who make up the Bennett family (Keira Knightley, Rosamund Pike, Jena Malone, Talulah Riley, and Carey Mulligan went to the Bennett house location, in Kent, before the crew, and played Sardines (similar to Hide and Seek in America) in order to get better acquainted with the house and each other before filming began.