Random Trivia For This Title:
- In Greek mythology (at least in the classical version), Athena is a daughter of Zeus, which makes Annabeth Percy's first cousins once removed.
- Percy was named, by his mother, after Perseus, Zeus' demigod son, and therefore Percy's cousin, who battled against Medusa, cutting off and collecting her head, which Percy also does. Perseus then gives the head to Athena, Annabeth's mother, who places it on her shield, the Aegis.
- The statue of Athena at the Parthenon in Tennessee has a carving of Medusa on her chest plate.
- In Greek Mythology Medusa was turned into a Gorgon because her great beauty lead to her being raped by Poseidon, Percy's father, in the temple of Athena, Annabeth's mother, who took offense and cursed her. Hence Medusa's hatred for them, and her reference to unfinished business.
- The substitute teacher, Mrs. Dodds, writes, "I understand a fury in your words But not your words" from Othello 4.2 on the blackboard. Shortly thereafter, she turns into a Fury.
- Luke is seen playing the multiplayer mode of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Kevin McKiddKevin McKidd is a voice actor for that videogame.
- When Chiron is calling for the campers to gather around to go over the rules for Capture the Flag, he yells for Dylan and Paris to stop "lollygagging". Chiron is played by Pierce BrosnanPierce Brosnan, whose two younger sons are named Dylan and Paris.
- In Roman mythology, the goddess Athena is a symbol of virginity. She never had any children.
- When they drive off from the Casino, they are in a Maserati, which happens to have the trident as emblem.
- In Greek mythology, Chiron was a centaur and a master of the healing arts, and passed that knowledge on to the mortal hero Asclepius. He was also known for training several heroes: Asclepius, Aristaeus, Ajax, Aeneas, Actaeon, Caeneus, Theseus, Achilles, Jason, Peleus, Telamon, Perseus, and Heracles (a.k.a. Hercules).
- In the book, Annabeth is a blonde and has grey eyes. But in this movie, she is a brunette with blue eyes.