Random Trivia For This Title:
- Johnny Depp wore contact lenses which served as sunglasses so he wouldn't be squinting in the sun all the time.
- Stick around after the credits for an additional scene.
- A skeletal Barbossa drinks wine, which trickles through his exposed ribcage, as one of the skeletal pirates do in the Disney ride.
- Johnny Depp's character, Captain Jack, is portrayed as having gold teeth in the film. These are real and Depp had his dentist implant those and others into his mouth for the production. Disney executive [?] Michael Eisner thought there were too many and asked him to remove all but a few.
- The ship used as HMS Interceptor is the an actual ship, the Lady Washington and is the official tall ship ambassador of the State of Washington. She can also be seen in Star Trek: Generations and was used as a reference for the RLS Legacy in Treasure Planet
- The final cannon shot during the Black Pearl's siege of the town, billows into a Mickey Mouse head shape against the night sky
- The substance sprayed on William Turner after the sword fight between him and Captain Jack Sparrow is actually powdered chocolate
- Having decided that pirates were the 18th century equivalent of rock stars, Johnny Depp's characterization of Sparrow was inspired by close observation of his friend Keith Richards, though he emphasized in interviews that it was not an impersonation.
- The line "Dead men tell no tales", said by the macaw, is repeated throughout the Disney ride's narration
- When filming in the cave, excessive makeup was added to the characters so they wouldn't looked washed out on film. When the crew realized how cool the makeup looked on Johnny Depp, they continued to use it on him for the rest of the movie.