Random Trivia For This Title:
- The original Auryn for this film now hangs in an enclosed glass display in Steven Spielberg's office.
- This was the most expensive film ever produced in Germany at the time it was made.
- Noah Hathaway was hurt twice during the making of the movie. During his horse riding training he was thrown off a horse which then stepped on him. Then during the shooting of the drowning sequence in the "swamp of sadness" his leg got caught on the elevator and he was pulled under water. He was unconscious by the time he was brought to the surface.
- The film itself actually "ends" about halfway through the book.
- The name of the mystical land in the original novel was Fantastica, not Fantasia, but the original German name Phantásien translates more accurately into English as Fantasia.
- Noah Hathaway almost lost an eye during the fight-scene versus Gmork. One of the claws on his giant paws poked him in the face. The robot was also so heavy that he lost his breath as well when he was hit to the ground by it. They only made one shot due to the risk that he would get seriously wounded.
- The name of the mystical land in (the English translation of) the original novel was Fantastica, not Fantasia, but the original German name Phantásien translates more accurately into English as Fantasia.
- The theme song was sung by [?] Limahl, who was the lead singer of the pop band [?] Kajagoogoo.
- The makeup team on the movie tried to paint Noah Hathaway green, just as Atreyu is in the book. "It wasn't believable. I looked like fungi!" Hathaway said.
- The name that Bastian screams almost indecipherable into the night is "Moonchild".