Random Trivia For This Title:
- The hotel and room number where Neo has to pick up the phone to get out of the Matrix (at the end) are the same where Trinity awaits the police in the beginning of the movie.
- Nicolas CageNicolas Cage turned down the part of Neo because of family commitments.
- Will SmithWill Smith was approached to play Neo, but turned down the offer in order to star in Wild Wild West. He later admitted in an interview with Wired magazine that, at the time, he "wasn't smart enough as an actor".
- Before filming, the principal actors spent four months with martial arts experts learning the fight moves, from October 1997 to March 1998. The actors had originally thought that it would take just a few weeks.
- Sets from the film Dark City, including rooftops, buildings and others exteriors sets, were used in this film. The rooftops that Trinity runs across at the beginning of the film are the same ones that John Murdoch runs across in Dark City.
- Carrie-Anne MossCarrie-Anne Moss twisted her ankle while shooting one of her scenes but decided not to tell anyone until after filming, so they wouldn't re-cast her.
- For the cell phone conversation scene between Neo and Morpheus in the Meta Cortechs office Keanu ReevesKeanu Reeves actually climbed up the window without a stuntman, which was 34 floors up.
- According to Lana WachowskiLana Wachowski, for the slow-mo bullet ripple effects, Sound Designer Dane A. DavisDane A. Davis put bullets on strings and whirl them around his studio. Also he digitized raindrops against window panes to create the sound of the Matrix code.
- Wachowski Bros. simply described Trinity as a woman in black leather in the script, but it was interpreted tremendously by costume designer [?] Kym Barrett.
- Ewan McGregorEwan McGregor was offered, but turned down, the part of Neo to work on Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace. Leonardo DiCaprioLeonardo DiCaprio was also considered for the role of Neo. As was Tom CruiseTom Cruise.