Random Trivia For This Title:
- At least five scenes were cut from the film before release, and some appeared in the trailer: Peter Ludlow talking to the InGen committee about their expenses, Roland and Ajay talking in a bar, T-rexes trying to attack Kelly, who was left alone in the High Hide, The Raptors and T-rexes fighting in the rex's nest, and Pteranodons attacking the rescue helicopter.
- When the T-rex bites the traffic signal in San Diego, a street sign on the right edge of the screen reads in part "NO DINOSAURS".
- The man that is eaten by the T-Rex next to the video store (in San Diego) is David Koepp, one of the writers of the film. He is credited as "Unlucky Bastard".
- Director Cameo: [Steven Spielberg] Reflected in the TV broadcasting the CNN story about the return of the dinosaurs, sitting on the couch next to Jeff Goldblum and eating popcorn.
- When Dieter Stark, played by Peter Stormare, is first attacked by the Compys (Compsognathus), he starts yelling and throwing stones at them, then he mumbles parts of various curses in Swedish, however he doesn't complete any of them. Steven Spielberg thought it was excellent and kept the take in the final cut.
- The Japanese tourists running from the rampaging T-Rex in the San Diego scene (an obvious homage to [Godzilla] movies) are saying in Japanese: "I left Japan to get away from this?!"
- Joe Johnston lobbied for the director's job but schedule problems during the post-production of Jumanji forced him out. Steven Spielberg was also adamant to direct this sequel himself, promising Johnston the director's chair for the third movie, which he indeed directed.
- The two models of the T-Rex each weighed 9 tons. Due to their weight, the crew constructed sets around them, rather than moving them onto sets.
- The cliff side set was built on to the side of a parking building.
- The prop used as a tranquilizing gun at the end of the movie was originally used as a high powered weapon by Michael Gross in Tremors II: Aftershocks.
- The script called for a scene where the Velociraptors got on board the Venture as it was about to set sail. As chaos ensued, the T-Rex also got loose, and killed everything else aboard. This explains why many of the crew members are dead in places the Rex cannot reach. The scene was never filmed.
- WILHELM SCREAM: Not the classic Wilhelm, but "the second scream" is heard as Eddie is being eaten by the Mother and Father Tyrannosaurs.
- There are 13 on-camera deaths, 10 on the island and 3 in the city, the most of all three films.
- David Koepp lifted several set pieces from the original Jurassic Park novel for use in this sequel. These include: The procompsognathus attacking the young girl; hiding from the Tyrannosaur behind a waterfall, while the creature tries to find them using its tongue; Dieter Stark being killed by Procompsognathids (Hammond in the novel); Roland Tembo tranquilizing the Tyrannosaur (Robert Muldoon in the novel).