Random Trivia For This Title:
- Due to how often Rebel WilsonRebel Wilson and Adam DeVineAdam DeVine have acted as love interests, Rebel has joked that they are "essentially the Emma StoneEmma Stone and Ryan GoslingRyan Gosling now... we just play love interests in all movies." Additionally, Adam has stated that Rebel is his "work wife."
- Todd Strauss-SchulsonTodd Strauss-Schulson watched over 90 romantic comedies over two weeks and noted the similar visual and narrative tropes among them, including: New York City, Starbucks coffee, rain falling when couples kiss, half-moon windows, and bubble baths.
- Rebel WilsonRebel Wilson just asked Adam DeVineAdam DeVine if he wanted to play one of her love interests. "The movie script was super funny, so as soon as I read it and I knew Rebel was attached, I was like, yeah, sign me up."
- Rebel WilsonRebel Wilson's first film as the lead role.
- One of the few films that Liam HemsworthLiam Hemsworth has used a comedic version of his Australian accent in. Normally, he puts on an American accent in films. Conversely, Rebel WilsonRebel Wilson is also Australian, but her accent is such a trademark of hers, that she rarely acts without it.
- Director Todd Strauss-SchulsonTodd Strauss-Schulson was strongly critical of the idea of a person becoming complete when they find a partner, as is often portrayed in romantic comedies. "You are already complete, and always have been."
- Rehearsing the musical numbers, according to Rebel WilsonRebel Wilson, came very easy to her and Adam DeVineAdam DeVine. In their previous film, Pitch Perfect, they were required to attend a boot camp in which the music and choreography was taught to them prior to filming. That experience prepared them for learning two musical numbers in a short period. This is the first time Liam HemsworthLiam Hemsworth has been in a musical number. Rebel WilsonRebel Wilson, Adam DeVineAdam DeVine, and Priyanka ChopraPriyanka Chopra, meanwhile, have had numerous experiences on film. The cast and crew teased Liam throughout shooting because of how basic his dancing was compared to the rest of the cast.
- Rebel WilsonRebel Wilson was initially quite resistant towards performing "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by [?] Whitney Houston, due to how overplayed it is in rom-coms. However, when she heard the first music composition of it, and the unique take on it, she was won over.
- Rebel WilsonRebel Wilson has expressed her delight in having two love interests in the film, joking "when you're the producer, you get to choose that."
- The dress and hat that Natalie is wearing when she leaves the hospital after her mugging is the same ensemble worn by Vivian in Pretty Woman (1990) after she's shopped on Rodeo Drive.
- The first film that Rebel WilsonRebel Wilson has produced. As a result, she helped with the casting process, and stated that she always envisioned Liam HemsworthLiam Hemsworth, Adam DeVineAdam DeVine, and Priyanka ChopraPriyanka Chopra for the roles.
- In order to use the song "Express Yourself", Madonna had to approve of the cast's singing prior to shooting.
- The first American rom-com for Priyanka ChopraPriyanka Chopra; she has previously completed a lot for Bollywood.
- In the past, Rebel WilsonRebel Wilson was very cynical of rom-coms, much like her character Natalie. Through compiling research for the film, however, which required watching numerous rom-coms, she grew to love them.
- During filming, Priyanka ChopraPriyanka Chopra was dating Nick JonasNick Jonas, who has a connection to Liam HemsworthLiam Hemsworth and Adam DeVineAdam DeVine's girlfriends. Liam's partner Miley CyrusMiley Cyrus had famously dated Nick; whilst Adam's girlfriend [?] Chloe Bridges had played Nick's love interest in Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam (2010).
- Alex KisAlex Kis is a natural brunette, and had to dye her hair blonde to play the 12-year-old version of Natalie.
- Even though they both play 30-year-olds, Liam HemsworthLiam Hemsworth was 27 and Adam DeVineAdam DeVine was 33 during filming.
- Although Josh appears to be substantially younger than Isabella, Adam DeVineAdam DeVine is only a year younger than Priyanka ChopraPriyanka Chopra.
- Initially, Natalie was going to ask Josh out, only for him to reject her. However, it received poor feedback from test audiences. After a long discussion with the producers, Rebel compromised and agreed to have Natalie and Josh together, but that the main message is that Natalie completes herself.
- The reason that Josh is the only person that remains the same in both worlds is because Natalie subconsciously perceives him to be perfect, but hasn't realised it on a conscious level. When she begins to realise she loves him, that's when she begins to notice the flaws in Blake.